Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Fight theme and XML

Mr Black Arm

So I came across a Fight! theme and decided to add it to my wheel setup. My question is what emulator do you use? I assume MAME, however, I know some games run better on psxMAME or Zinc. Has anyone added this to their cab and if so, how did they go about it?

Also, if someone have a Fight! video compliation, that would be great too. :)

psxMAME is basically a version of mame that uses zinc's rendering plugin (i think, or maybe it uses the same plugins as epsxe, one of the two anyway). It is essentially identical in terms of setup as mame. It is probably (imho) the better alternative than zinc, it runs more games than zinc, and it is less of a pain than zinc to set up. Zinc uses a numbered rom system that can be very annoying to deal with. Also setting up controls in zinc can be a pain. So psxMAME would be my first choice. Also, if you are setting up a fight theme, and you haven't done so already, check out Naomi emulation via either makaron or demul. Then you could add stuff like guilty gear, power stone, project justice and doa2. And of course no fighting theme would be complete without marvel vs capcom 2. One final thing, you may want to incorporate model 2, just for virtua fighter 2 :)

To add multiple systems to a single wheel,

Using the 'Fight' wheel as an example.

When you add a game to your Fight XML (Databases folder), do it like this :-

<game name="vf2">

<description>Virtua Fighter 2</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>

<year></year>

<exe>Sega Model 2</exe>

<genre></genre>

</game>

<game name="mvsc2">

<description>Marvel vs Capcom 2</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer>Capcom</manufacturer>

<year></year>

<genre></genre>

<exe>DemulNaomi057</exe>

</game>

e.t.c.

This line.........

<exe>Sega Model 2</exe>

Tells HS all it needs to know.

Just make sure all the names match your setup and you're away !

To add multiple systems to a single wheel,

Using the 'Fight' wheel as an example.

When you add a game to your Fight XML (Databases folder), do it like this :-

<game name="vf2">

<description>Virtua Fighter 2</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>

<year></year>

<exe>Sega Model 2</exe>

<genre></genre>

</game>

<game name="mvsc2">

<description>Marvel vs Capcom 2</description>

<cloneof></cloneof>

<crc></crc>

<manufacturer>Capcom</manufacturer>

<year></year>

<genre></genre>

<exe>DemulNaomi057</exe>

</game>

e.t.c.

This line.........

<exe>Sega Model 2</exe>

Tells HS all it needs to know.

Just make sure all the names match your setup and you're away !

Awesome man, makes perfect sense. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Ummmm, sorry 'bout the mad long time it took for me to reply dude.

I'm guessing that you worked it out,

However, just to clarify.....

Use the system name (i.e. the name of your settings \ database xmls).

Hahaha, no problem dude. Yeah, I got that part figured out. I apprecaite it.

As far as emulators and rom paths in HyperHQ, where do I point those since there are different emus and roms?

As far as emulators and rom paths in HyperHQ, where do I point those since there are different emus and roms?

Do you mean specifically for your 'Fight' wheel ?

If so, as long as the emulators you plan to use for your 'Fight' wheel are already set up & working in HS (and the roms you plan on using are already listed in the necessary Database XML), then you should be good to go.

For your 'Fight' settings, you can leave these blank, as long as your 'Fight' XML has the <exe>Sega Model 2</exe> line set for each game,

However, I would probably suggest using MAME as the backbone to the 'Fight' wheel, as many\most of the games you're gonna want are emulated by MAME.

You can point HS to the same version of MAME that you are already using if you like.

Hope you get me dude, sorry if i'm rambling\confusing, I need sleeeep.

Good luck.

Peace.

Do you mean specifically for your 'Fight' wheel ?

If so, as long as the emulators you plan to use for your 'Fight' wheel are already set up & working in HS (and the roms you plan on using are already listed in the necessary Database XML), then you should be good to go.

For your 'Fight' settings, you can leave these blank, as long as your 'Fight' XML has the <exe>Sega Model 2</exe> line set for each game,

However, I would probably suggest using MAME as the backbone to the 'Fight' wheel, as many\most of the games you're gonna want are emulated by MAME.

You can point HS to the same version of MAME that you are already using if you like.

Hope you get me dude, sorry if i'm rambling\confusing, I need sleeeep.

Good luck.

Peace.

Yeah, most (if not all) games are on MAME, so I will set my emu and rom path settings for fight.ini to the same as MAME. Will be testing it out soon.

Eventually, I'd like to set up multiple emulators for systems like Naomi, PSX, etc.

• 3 years later...

Archived