Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Popping Sound When Launching Games

newoski

I can't solve this one but I can say that I never experienced it until I turned HLSL on in Mame. I used the same mameuifx build from jumpstiles folder. After I finally figured out how to enable hlsl on it, I also got a little popping sound (and a noticeable but not horrible pause) when launching games in mame. Its no big deal to me so I haven't disabled hlsl yet to see if it fixes it.

I can't solve this one but I can say that I never experienced it until I turned HLSL on in Mame. I used the same mameuifx build from jumpstiles folder. After I finally figured out how to enable hlsl on it, I also got a little popping sound (and a noticeable but not horrible pause) when launching games in mame. Its no big deal to me so I haven't disabled hlsl yet to see if it fixes it.

The good news is disabling HLSL is easy. Just rename your 'mame.ini' file to like 'mame.old'. When you run MAME, it will run with default settings (no HLSL) enabled. To re-enable it, just rename your 'mame.ini' file back to 'mame.ini'.

USB speakers

I think that it is possible that your USB speakers or your audio card may be re-encoding your audio to DD or DTS. See if it is at all possible to force your USB speakers/audio drivers to output to PCM. See if it also happens when using analogue audio output. If you don't have PC speakers handy, use some earbuds or headphones.

Archived