Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Tips for making high quality images

JoeC3109

Hey everyone,

I recently began pulling some files together to make Fade art for Sega Saturn. I uploaded my progress so far to my folder, its very much still a WIP. My question is to those that are much more talented at MS Paint and Photoshop than I am. How would you suggest I clean up some of the images? I did some very basic work with MS paint for ones that I felt needed some touching up; I currently don't own photoshop. I tried to get high quality artwork to begin with.

Basically, I'm hoping for any general tips as to how to clean up images, make them sharper, etc. I'm at a very basic level when it comes to this stuff. I tried to stay true to the original games themselves, and only resorted to other kinds of art when I couldn't find anything else. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and will go a long way to helping me out in the future.

Thanks in advance

I suppose you need to decide what screen size or size your aiming for, do you want to supply all 3 formats (4:3, 16:9 & 16:10) or just what your using.

If your going for a bigger size than the actual image, you may need to get creative with it instead of just uploading a renamed image. I just stuck to _default fade images instead of per game and didn't find much, although there is some good Japanese box art scans.

The defaults I use for fade and bezels are.

4:3 1600x1200

16:9 1920x1080

16:10 1920x1200

You can use smaller images but will have a black border or black background.

Have a look at the fade submission thread or check out the Hyperlaunch media folder on the ftp.

www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?36483-New-Fade-Art-Location-Repository

Is that a restricted link? I got access denied. I am looking to start working on my system soon (after getting my emulators squared away)

Gold member forum, so Gold/Plat members only. Not sure why it's in that specific forum section, I can move it if needed.

Archived