Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Upgrading NeoGeo MVS25-6 Cabinet

RidicRick

After having HDMI in my truck it kinda spoiled me, I can no longer stand the quality of rca video. The last vehicle I drove had 8 monitors in it and it was all VGA, but even that was a pain because VGA wire is thick and doesnt bend well. HDMI cable however is much more friendly when running through the vehicle, and the HDMI splitters dont really cost that much.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this has inspired me to do some restoring to my Beg Red Neo, I have the same Ver. 3 cab as you, would you ever be interested in selling me an art kit for mine? I like keeping things original, but yours looks sooo good! Thanks for the inspiration, and keep doin' what you love!

Yeah I am actually redoing the graphics on the side of mine soon here so I can probably do yours at the same time. And if convert to the same 32" LCD I can print you the bezel you will need for around the screen.

So aparently i was very sleepy last post, I compleatly spaced that yours is the wider 6 slot cab and I have the rev 3 4 slot. I think the side art is the same size (though ill have to do some checking) but I know the control panel and marquee is smaller, which is sad as I really like your updated control panel. If you think you can resize some of the art shoot me a pm on price. If you dont want it to hassle with thats fine too.

Also, what joysticks did you get and how do those buttons feel?

Acually I have a 4 slot cab that I am working on right now, so I will have all the measurments and vinyl kits ready for that soon. The joysticks and buttons are from paradise arcade. They feel super loose and almost no tension on them, little wierd to get used to but I like them. The buttons are great, using 20 gram microswitch and 5v leds.

LED JOYSTICKS

Sliprings so joystick LED wires dont get tangled

LED Buttons

LED Wiz for leds and controls

Cool thanks for all the info! All your builds are so sweet. Let me know on that 4 slot art. Also did you strip off the old laminate from the cab or did you just apply the vinyl directly to it?

Thanks! I actually kept the old control panel graphic on since it wasn't that bad to begin with. Just put my vinyl right over it.

I started moving most of my arcades into a friends garage so by Wednesday I should have enough room in my garage to start working on these and the MVS is 1st on the list. So I should have everything done by next weekend.

• 4 months later...

The cart works great.. except the +1 versions.. those modified versions play slow.. like Metal Slug +1 plays horrible and so on. But overall everything else plays great! If you make a toned down linux port of hyperspin you better share with me.. I could use that for my mini PC's!! :)

• 6 months later...
Acually I have a 4 slot cab that I am working on right now, so I will have all the measurments and vinyl kits ready for that soon. The joysticks and buttons are from paradise arcade. They feel super loose and almost no tension on them, little wierd to get used to but I like them. The buttons are great, using 20 gram microswitch and 5v leds.

Hi Rick,

Do you still have the vinyl kit to suit 4 slot MVS-4-25 (ver.3) for sale.

Archived