Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Upgrading NeoGeo MVS25-6 Cabinet

RidicRick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, looks like I have to have a frickin PC in this cabinet to run the LEDWIZ if I want dancing lights. Sooooo.. Shall I also make this play NeoGeo/SNK with Hyperspin and make the control panel hooked to both systems with a switch between both? It sounds easy enough, just need to find the right parts to pull this off. I don't want to physically unplug and plug wires in to change systems, I would rather flip a few switches..

Holy S#%@ Ventus! That would work perfect and I want a few more of those mini pc's to run a few other ideas I have. I still may throw a pc in with hyperspin to have a few more SNK games that I dont have on the main system. $25 to $35 is great for what they appear to do. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Bumpin' this thread as I was curious to know if you've done anything about covering up the bezel of your monitor as you mentioned you were going to do?

I'm looking at putting a 32" decased LCD into my cab, though it only JUST fits. I'm talking that it actually touches both sides of my cab when it's in there so I'm thinking of ways to hide the bezel with the best appearance.

Awesome work here too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had the lights going for awhile with a computer inside, now I took the computer out to use for another project. I ordered 2 Raspberry Pi's and they are on back order until the 29th of next month, but once those come in I will be able to run the lights with one of them. The raspberry device is very tiny, has HDMI output, and can easily handle emulation, and runs on linux. AND COST $35!! :)

If you are interested here is the link.

Raspberry Pi

Jumpstile, I haven't used the Raspberry just yet but have been talking to a few people who have. So far from my understanding is NES, SNES, N64, and Neo Geo have successfully worked with it. And with the power that little device has I am almost certain it could even handle TypeX games.. maybe.. I have seen a video with a custom high resolution graphics pack of quake 3 networked running on raspberry pi's and it was extremely fast.

Wow that would be awesome for doing retro game case mods. One of those in an old NES case would be awesome indeed.

This would almost be ideal for a HTPC eh? I might order one just for kicks. At $35 you almost can't go wrong.

Would be perfect for a carputer also. I can think of so much to do with these. Downside is we need to talk BBB into doing a linux port of hyperspin since the raspberry pi will not run windows or wine under linux.

If a linux port for HS became available, I could see a TON of people using raspberry pi for machines. Would be so cheap!! But, they have said over and over that they are not going to mess with trying to make HS work with Linux, and the necessary components such as .net are not available for it. Not sure if this is still the case, but that has been the stance in the past.

Anyone used Cabrio in Linux?

Yeah Hyperspin being ported to linux I am sure will never happen, although it would be pretty amazing. These little raspberry pi's are also going to allow me to have dancing led controls on my cabs that do not have a computer in them. And using raspberry pi as a carputer would be great, especially since I have seen 7" and headrest lcd's with HDMI input available now.

Yeah Hyperspin being ported to linux I am sure will never happen, although it would be pretty amazing. These little raspberry pi's are also going to allow me to have dancing led controls on my cabs that do not have a computer in them. And using raspberry pi as a carputer would be great, especially since I have seen 7" and headrest lcd's with HDMI input available now.

It is quite simple to drive leds and have them synced with a audio source without a computer required. All that is really needed is resistors and a mosfet capable of handling the current. I plan on having about 20 or 30 leds running on my next build.

Wouldn't really need HDMI monitors the RPI has RCA video out. Which is convienent for splitting the video out to multiple monitors in whatever vehicle you have. So you can pick any monitors and use them. Even better with the 3.5mm audio plug you can get a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable and plug it directly into your amp, EQ, or audio switcher. As far as power source it takes the same power adapter as my droid phone. Sounds like it's easily doable.

Archived