Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

iCade PC mod

justinwebb

great build that having seen this a few months back, I had a crack at adapting an icade. Originally I set it up for a raspberry pi which worked great but I really wanted PS2 emulation to play some of the arcade type games.

I've opened it up again and heavily altered it to run an i3 ITX board with a pci graphics card, 620gt (tad naff but runs fine with dolphin). I initially had the setup running from a laptop adapter using a small powersupply, similar to what is found in small htpc's, however this wouldn't run the graphics card so binned it.

I've fitted an ipad2 screen connected to a TV board that has a built in sound amplifier, this runs two speakers under the enclosed marquee. I haven't added a glass front just a laser cut bezel.

behind the marquee is an LED strip for back lighting and a dolphin bluetooth bar just behind the the marquee sign hidden, this hopefully should allow light guns games in MAME as currently the wii remote now moves the mouse around the desktop screen.

Needs new graphics as it's mainly black with a little carbon fiber vinyl on the control panel.

post-15386-0-52624200-1437520353_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived