Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Creating Boot Options in Windows 7

BakerMan

Yes, just found that out. My Hyperspin.ps1 loads up just fine, but it still runs at desktop. I deactivated explorer.exe in the registry, yet the powershell script "reactivates" explorer.exe and still loads up at the desktop.

This script is very close to what I'm looking for.

Watch this video... You'll see what I'm talking about on this dude's computer at the 0:04 mark of the ensuing video in this link...

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?32939-HyperBezel-%28Show-two-images-at-the-sides-of-HyperSpin-when-using-16-9-Monitors%29

This is what I'm hoping to achieve, but without having to create multiple "operating systems."

The script typed out earlier in this thread will work just fine - Is there a way to fine tune it to where it runs EXACTLY at startup? Preferably BEFORE the boot screen logo...?

I disabled explorer.exe in the registry, because I wasn't able to through msconfig. In fact it wasn't listed. ??

The menu that shows in that video is the boot loader, that's the only way to show it before the boot screen. You can look into maybe changing the boot screen? Otherwise.

The menu that shows in that video is the boot loader, that's the only way to show it before the boot screen. You can look into maybe changing the boot screen? Otherwise.

Already been workin' on it. I don't think there's any way to do it without creating multiple os's.

I created a Hyperspin entry to the boot loader and set the bootloader path to my hyperspin exe and that didn't work.

Pretty much out of options at this point.

yea, i dont think you are going to be able to get it going the way you initially explained without dual butting the machine with 2 seperate OS instances.

as far as booting directly to hyperspin, just putting it in the startup folder is a sloppy way that wont be very smooth. check the link in my last post, it would pretty seamless. going through Group policy as mentioned is your best bet

yea, i dont think you are going to be able to get it going the way you initially explained without dual butting the machine with 2 seperate OS instances.

as far as booting directly to hyperspin, just putting it in the startup folder is a sloppy way that wont be very smooth. check the link in my last post, it would pretty seamless. going through Group policy as mentioned is your best bet

Yeah, shelling hyperspin itself isn't tough at all. Was just hoping on something cooler. Lol.

Also, you can shell hyperspin through the user registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and set hyperhq to run explorer.exe upon exiting hyperspin and it will refresh the desktop... Much easier that way and is the better alternative to my initial idea.

Archived