Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What's up with this site man? can anyone explain?

flyer6

Hi guys,

first of all: A big and nice MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! Hope you're enjoying a wonderful time with your loved ones and your arcade needs :-)

I'm a new guy, was reading and reading and reading until my eyes fell out. I've managed to install Hyperspin and HyperLaunch, etc. But still, I have a few questions and of course, it's not working as expected :-D

What's up with the site?

Yesterday, I've bought the platinum membership for FTP purposes and to show some support for such a great project. LAter, I read that some key people like Rain and emd (or something, the creator of the Dom's Hyperspin Tools) are out and not doing anything anymore because of real life issues which I understand... but still... :-/

Hyperspin Docs

Some tutorials on this site point to Hyperspin Docs which is down. A bummer for every newbie. I'll never understand why I need to create a modules sub-folder in the HyperSpin folder while HyperLaunchHQ already has a (filled) Modules sub-folder in it's main folder.

Outdated/Wrong Tutorials?

I've been trying to install Hyperspin with this tutorial: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29481-How-to-install-HyperSpin

And it's working so far. BUT... when I open HyperLaunchHQ for the first time, the emulator list on the left hand site is EMPTY, It only shows 'GLOBAL' and that's it. From there, I have big problems. Can't find any solution. Does anyone have any help for this?

There are other tutorials on youtube and here, which are totally different (probably version differences).

Modules?

Since some people left the page, I was wondering: Where are the AHK files which a lot of youtube users show in there tutorials under HyperList? Every AHK Entry and Modules are gone. What's up with that?

For a newbie, this whole thing seems inconsistent :-( Please let me know... Thanks.

Is there an updated tutorial anywhere which shows me how to add emulators correctly?

Is there an explanation of what 'modules' is and why it's in the HyperLaunch folder and not in the HyperSpin sub-folder?

As you can see, a LOT of questions. Sorry for this but I really hope to get some answers from a great community.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.

flyer

Merry Christmas to you flyer6 and welcome to the forum.

Yes it sucks that people leave because of real life but everyone does this in their free time and for free so I never expect people to stick around. Rains departure however was a different matter and I'm glad he's gone.

You say you've read a lot, use the search function and look to peoples signatures for more guides. Rfancella has some great guides, you'll find video guides in my signature. The guide you link to is not out of date, you need to follow it closely you also need to update with GIT. However as of a few days ago a new beta version of Hyperlaunch has been released, which is still being tested.

Modules are all included with the downloads, you don't need additional modules.

Hi gigapig,

thanks a lot for the links and quick reply.

I did use GIT and so on. Will retry it again today and follow is clololololosely :-) after I watch your videos. Thanks a lot.

Further questions will be posted in the support forum if needed (probably will) :-D

Have a merry christmas.

Hi gigapig,

thanks a lot for the links and quick reply.

I did use GIT and so on. Will retry it again today and follow is clololololosely :-) after I watch your videos. Thanks a lot.

Further questions will be posted in the support forum if needed (probably will) :-D

Have a merry christmas.

No problem flyer. Now I know you've used GIT, it looks like this is a common problem. www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?38265-HLHQ-System-list-gone-after-update

Due to the festive season I haven't had chance to update to the beta yet, but this may have the answer. You've may have started setting up at a good time with new software coming.

www.hyperlaunch.net/forum/showthread.php?306-0-System-Found-in-HyperLaunchHQ-3-1-Beta&p=3441#post3441

Merry Christmas to you too. :cheers:

No problem flyer. Now I know you've used GIT, it looks like this is a common problem.

Hey gigapig.

Thanks a lot. Yes, that is my issue as well. I'll retry again later today.

Can't wait for the new beta and I hope I wont miss it in a post you post it.

Merry Christmas Buddy and thanks for helping :beerglass:

I keep HyperSync up to date. That was Rain's project and the only thing he was "key" to keeping updated. So that's handled.

If your emulators aren't showing up in hyperlaunchHQ, be sure that you selected your "default" frontend in ( global/hyperlaunchHQ/settings/frontends)

Hyperlist is currently down but we are working on getting it back up, though modules won't be supported officially on this forum(so I've read) You will need to head over to the new "hyperlaunch" forums or use the GIT hosted on the same site

Hey gigapig.

Thanks a lot. Yes, that is my issue as well. I'll retry again later today.

Can't wait for the new beta and I hope I wont miss it in a post you post it.

Merry Christmas Buddy and thanks for helping :beerglass:

You may have already got you issue sorted, but just in case here's a little guide.

Archived