The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

System exist cannot rename systems

shitoken

HI friends

Last night I renamed my systems to match the icons name thru HyperLaunchHQ

But I am facing few problems while renaming few systems in global setting it pops out with

the system already exist error and not allow me to rename some systems. So I cannot get the icon next to it. If cannot rename the system I am unable to choose the right module. How should I do or check what is wrong?

Secondly I want to know if all the systems I have below global , Do I need to find a working latest emulator and put inside of each folder with same name as global systems. Does the only folder need same name or the exe file also need to change to same name?

Last I have noticed that when selecting one of emulator ex (SNES) from the left for particular systems it shows many different on right under Emulator TAB ex : MESS, daphne , etc with many compatible choices to select. Does it mean I can select any of them and suitable for running SNES roms or I still need to download & install same emulator as per I selected in this list?

Based on above many systems can use same emulators but do I need still need to download the same emulator for each of them and put inside the emulator folders?

Whatever I select in global name for that system, I need to download same matching name emulator for it?

Thank for the helping me out.

Ken

HI friends

Last night I renamed my systems to match the icons name thru HyperLaunchHQ

But I am facing few problems while renaming few systems in global setting it pops out with

the system already exist error and not allow me to rename some systems. So I cannot get the icon next to it. If cannot rename the system I am unable to choose the right module. How should I do or check what is wrong?

You can go to the database folder and edit the Main Menu xml to change the system names.

Last I have noticed that when selecting one of emulator ex (SNES) from the left for particular systems it shows many different on right under Emulator TAB ex : MESS, daphne , etc with many compatible choices to select. Does it mean I can select any of them and suitable for running SNES roms or I still need to download & install same emulator as per I selected in this list?

It is your choice which Emulator to use, some work better than others, some are easier to setup than others.

Based on above many systems can use same emulators but do I need still need to download the same emulator for each of them and put inside the emulator folders?

Whatever I select in global name for that system, I need to download same matching name emulator for it?

You can use the same instance of an emulator for different systems if supported, but if you need specific settings for an emulator or game, then you can have multiple versions of the same emu.

Thank you so much dear

I have renamed one as per your advice.

But still 2 left without icon coming up next to it. File name is correct as per icons.

Sega SG1000 & NECTurboGrafx16

Another problem is when I launch example my system SNES from Hyperspin after selected the game a pop up always come out with name of FONTREG.exe and let me choose yes or no, if no than games wont launch. Why this popup come everytime?

I have already set user rules on FONTREG.EXE folder to allow full access in admin.

Secondly when exiting the HS, and than unable to change the game after I checked HLHQ & noticed the HL is still running & need me to stop each time before I can use the HS again + FONTREG.exe popup everytime by selecting yes to run the game.

That means each time I need do this action. Can you help me bro, thanks

Here are the correct spellings for the systems.

Sega SG-1000

NEC TurboGrafx-16

To get rid of the Fontregl.exe warning you need to set UAC or perhaps look to set it in the registry.

For Windows 7 click start and type UAC in the box, this should pop up and set the slider to the bottom.

post-9524-142870664813_thumb.png

Thank you I will try this later back home. How about the hyperlaunch why it does not stop after ending the game bro? This make it difficult to change game .

Regarding XML list if we make our own list as per my roms will I be able to sync artwork and video ?

Because I have many roms of snes which have difference in name and crc when scan with don tools only able to rename few because of crc reading by his app so this make life hard. How do you guys doing this step following official list or own?

Sorry for troubling

Hello.

[Edit: Suppressing] UAC is not acceptable. What is Fontreg, why does it need administrative permissions, and how can I turn it off? It was not an issue in previous versions of hyperlaunch and I do not wish to use it.

Thank you.

Fontreg registers the fonts that's HL uses with Windows. It's there to help you. You can of course manually add the font.

Archived