The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

atari 5200 - robotron question

craiganderson

trying to get the controls correct

weird game

from actual atari manual

To use two controllers, plug one into jack 1 and another into jack 2. Use the plastic tray from your Robotron: 2084 package as a dual controller holder. Set the controller plugged into jack 1 into the left side of the holder and the controller plugged into jack 2 into the right side. Maneuver with the left joystick. Use the right joystick to fire -- your laser gun will shoot in the direction you move the joystick. Press the * button on the controller to set the level of difficulty. Level 0 is the easiest, level 5 is the hardest.

i am trying to play via one controller

cant get KAT 5200 to ignore second controller and thus i have to

move dude with one controller

fire with the other controller

per the red text above

anybody solve this

i know this is very specific question

but never hurts to ask...

thanks

craig

I couldn't get that to work at all. I tried mapping player 2 to the right analogue stick, I then tried mapping it to the keyboard so xpadder could deal with player 2; still nothing. All i could use was 1 controller.

i couldn't use the Atari800 emulator because Bezerk crashed.

I couldn't get that to work at all. I tried mapping player 2 to the right analogue stick, I then tried mapping it to the keyboard so xpadder could deal with player 2; still nothing. All i could use was 1 controller.

i couldn't use the Atari800 emulator because Bezerk crashed.

So are you using a combo of MESS and Kat?

craig

I was using Kat but wanted bezels working, so I moved over to the Atari 800 emulator.

To see if I could help you out I tried Berserk in the Atari 800 emulator, thinking I could offer that as a solution. However the Rom did not work, so I then tried some things in Kat.

So is it your mission to get 2 sticks working with this particular Berserk.

update

1) i have bezel working for KAT other than titlebar can be seen...which I am pretty sure i could cover that as well but dont want to mess up MESS use of bezel

2) robotron--- got it working perfectly now..just gave it its own xpadder profile left thumb to control. buttons mapped to 2nd atari 5200 controller. now i control both movement and shooting on one controller...

2015-01-15_19-18-09_zps4951104b.png

Archived