The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Anybody know how to do this?

craiganderson

Greetings. So lets say I have 3000 rom files (these happen to be zipped but doesnt matter) and what I need to do is create a .txt file matching the name of each individual rom/zip file. I can do it one by one but ..ouch!

So in Summary:

I have this

game1.zip

game2.zip

game3000.zip

and I need

game1.txt

game2.txt

game3000.txt

Is there any automated way to do this?

for /F %f in ('dir *.* /b') do echo. 2>"%f.txt"

Now this will give you a empty text file that is game.zip.txt use Bulk Rename to remove the .zip and good to go. Cheers.

Only take you a couple of minutes.

Oh and if filez have replace the space with underscore with bulkrename. Dos doesnt like spaces.

If you don't want to do it manually, I've used this plenty of times to create a text file containing all files inside:

http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/contentlist.php

You just plop the exe file inside whatever folder you want it to list and it creates a txt file. It won't alphabetize it correctly sometimes, but that's not a problem since there's a million ways to do that. I'm lazy and just use the first google hit for an online way to do it :).

If you don't want to do it manually, I've used this plenty of times to create a text file containing all files inside:

http://www.xptsp.com/fixit/contentlist.php

You just plop the exe file inside whatever folder you want it to list and it creates a txt file. It won't alphabetize it correctly sometimes, but that's not a problem since there's a million ways to do that. I'm lazy and just use the first google hit for an online way to do it :).

He wants individual txt files named after zip files. This program does a txt file with a list of the files in it. Different than what he wants. :P

Archived