Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Idea List

zero dreams

Hyperspin 2.0 feature request

1.) Gradual speedup when scrolling through wheels

2.) Wheel centering on x & y coordinates

3.) Adjustable wheel positions on all sides i.e. "pin" style showing others systems at set radius

4.) Adjustable theme extis instead of random i.e. "main menu artwork in & out the same way"

5.) More versatility for home television use

6.) Menu system instead of "strictly in and out of a single point

7.) Allow ambient background music play along with preview audio output

8.) Artwork rendering methods as in Mugen i.e. tile=, velocity=, tilespacing= , alpha=

9.) Allow short video after main menu system is selected, i.e. Nintendo selected then, "Now your playing with power!" video

10.) Allow favorites xml for main menu i.e. 30+ main menu wheels

11.) Allow user defined up, down, left, right audio i.e. Maximus Arcade

12.) Change over option for Hyperspin attract to switch to next game video with no looping option enabled

13.) Usage of created fonts i.e. ttf

• 6 months later...

Hyperspin in it's own operating system would be epic. But I doubt we will see that :P

Would like to see a program that allows people to add .zip files of a "game pack". Idea being the rom and media files are all in a zip. And the program automatically adds the zip files to the hyperspin install.

Hyperspin 2.0 feature request

1.) Gradual speedup when scrolling through wheels

2.) Wheel centering on x & y coordinates

3.) Adjustable wheel positions on all sides i.e. "pin" style showing others systems at set radius

4.) Adjustable theme extis instead of random i.e. "main menu artwork in & out the same way"

5.) More versatility for home television use

6.) Menu system instead of "strictly in and out of a single point

7.) Allow ambient background music play along with preview audio output

8.) Artwork rendering methods as in Mugen i.e. tile=, velocity=, tilespacing= , alpha=

9.) Allow short video after main menu system is selected, i.e. Nintendo selected then, "Now your playing with power!" video

10.) Allow favorites xml for main menu i.e. 30+ main menu wheels

11.) Allow user defined up, down, left, right audio i.e. Maximus Arcade

12.) Change over option for Hyperspin attract to switch to next game video with no looping option enabled

13.) Usage of created fonts i.e. ttf

Great list. Some I didn't completely understand but I especially like 5, 9, 10 and 13.

Hyperspin 2.0 feature request (revived)

1.) More defined rate of speedup when scrolling through game lists. I'm looking for an actual speed up the longer a direction is being

held.

2.) Wheel coordinates for a more exact placement.

3.) The wheel. I love Hyperspin but it seems almost impossible to use anything other than "Normal" on the right side. It may not

seem like a big request but I like game list on the left and the video enter from the right. The wheel's kinda strange on the left.

4.) When a theme starts all pieces come from their desired directions. When switching themes, the art will just fly out in any direction

with any style. I'm proposing that the art switches out the same way it came in.

5.) More versatility when it comes to aspect ratios. In order for my setup to not be stretched and kind of distorted, I would need to

change my desktop resolution to 1024x768. I'm constantly working on my setup and it's too much of a pain to switch back and

forth between resolutions I use on my pc and Hyperspin's native 1024x768. So, I always leave it stretched.

6.) On screen menu instead of just a single point to select a game. Think Windows 8 start screen with the ability to choose games

from the tiles. Nice.

7.) Background music. Plain and simple. Using Hyperspin is like walking around the mall. You're going to be here for a while and

there's a lot you can see. I LOVE my background music. The problem is that I have to sacrifice one or the other. Don't personally

like having the video without sound.... so there's no background music.

8.) More control over artwork in Hypertheme. The only way I see possible to have an image start out on the screen and then just

move off the screen, would be to animate it. I can't even animate a piece of paper folding in half...so I'm kinda limited. I worked

with Mugen for years and tile=, velocity=, tilespacing=, alpha=, etc. would be amazing if incorporated.

9.) When a system is selected from the main menu the option is there for a quick sound. I would also like the option for a quick

video. i.e. When Nintendo is selected then, "Now your playing with power!" video is quickly displayed.

10.) Genre system on the main menu for manufactures. Nintendo,Sega,SNK,Sony,etc.

11.) (I don't know what the hell I meant in the first post.)

12.) Attract mode option to automatically switch to the next game & video. No looping. Just next game.

13.) Ability to incorporate any font of my choosing into the text that is displayed while using Hyperspin.

Before I forget I would also like to ask.

"Please let my wheel images touch the edge of the screen and not shrink against the invisible barrier."

Hyperspin 2.0 feature request (revived)

1.) More defined rate of speedup when scrolling through game lists. I'm looking for an actual speed up the longer a direction is being

held.

2.) Wheel coordinates for a more exact placement.

3.) The wheel. I love Hyperspin but it seems almost impossible to use anything other than "Normal" on the right side. It may not

seem like a big request but I like game list on the left and the video enter from the right. The wheel's kinda strange on the left.

4.) When a theme starts all pieces come from their desired directions. When switching themes, the art will just fly out in any direction

with any style. I'm proposing that the art switches out the same way it came in.

5.) More versatility when it comes to aspect ratios. In order for my setup to not be stretched and kind of distorted, I would need to

change my desktop resolution to 1024x768. I'm constantly working on my setup and it's too much of a pain to switch back and

forth between resolutions I use on my pc and Hyperspin's native 1024x768. So, I always leave it stretched.

6.) On screen menu instead of just a single point to select a game. Think Windows 8 start screen with the ability to choose games

from the tiles. Nice.

7.) Background music. Plain and simple. Using Hyperspin is like walking around the mall. You're going to be here for a while and

there's a lot you can see. I LOVE my background music. The problem is that I have to sacrifice one or the other. Don't personally

like having the video without sound.... so there's no background music.

8.) More control over artwork in Hypertheme. The only way I see possible to have an image start out on the screen and then just

move off the screen, would be to animate it. I can't even animate a piece of paper folding in half...so I'm kinda limited. I worked

with Mugen for years and tile=, velocity=, tilespacing=, alpha=, etc. would be amazing if incorporated.

9.) When a system is selected from the main menu the option is there for a quick sound. I would also like the option for a quick

video. i.e. When Nintendo is selected then, "Now your playing with power!" video is quickly displayed.

10.) Genre system on the main menu for manufactures. Nintendo,Sega,SNK,Sony,etc.

11.) (I don't know what the hell I meant in the first post.)

12.) Attract mode option to automatically switch to the next game & video. No looping. Just next game.

13.) Ability to incorporate any font of my choosing into the text that is displayed while using Hyperspin.

Before I forget I would also like to ask.

"Please let my wheel images touch the edge of the screen and not shrink against the invisible barrier."

Thanks for the extra break down. I now extend my vote to all of these ideas. Others have been a bit too quick to discourage the idea of a tile menu system (Idea #6). I personally think that we'd be better off with being able to have sub-wheels of sub-wheels of sub-wheels etc. but with Hyperspin members often boasting that Hyperspin is the most customizable frontend there is then we should at least consider the option of a tile menu system as you described.

• 1 year later...

Tacting more to a list...

Ability to slow the fade of the wheel. Right now after u stop on a system or game the wheel instantly disappears. The gamma can solve some of this in hyperhq but I still want the wheel to fade away but just slower, maybe after 2 sec or so in order for it to be not as frantic

Also the ability to change the cursor with emulators. Aka the nintendo ds cursor change to a stylus would be nice

Archived