Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

My Slayer Pedestal Cab

purcho

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd add my cabinet to the ranks. It's a customised pedestal design that I got from Arcadeworx here in Australia.

I thought I'd combine two of the things I really enjoy

1) Old school gaming

2) The metal band Slayer

There's a long way to go before she's complete but here's the specs of what I've got so far:

IL clear translucent pushbuttons

chrome led pushbuttons, not sure what brand.

Zippyy joysicks

Ultimarc U-Trak Trackball

I-pac2 encoder

32" samsung LCD TV

I haven't decided on artwork yet or whether I'll even use any at all, but here's a few pics

post-34652-142870580419_thumb.jpg

post-34652-142870580411_thumb.jpg

post-34652-142870580414_thumb.jpg

post-34652-142870580417_thumb.jpg

Bunnings mate, I looked around for a proper stand, but the ones I found were all 2 to 300 bucks.It was an industrial shelving unit until I butchered it with an angle grinder. . Turned out ok and a hell of alot cheaper at $50.

Fair point, and the large flat base will spread the pressure so any carpet squash would bounce back up pretty quick.

Do you find the widescreen monitor to work well? I've hooked my pc up to my plasma and wasn't decided on keeping 4:3 aspect where required or stretching to fill the screen.

• 3 months later...

Progress has been slow of late, life has been getting in the way.I bought a topgun III for the cab recently.The sensors really look ugly when in plain view mounted on the screen. If I tried to hide them behind some tinted/smoked glass would it still work ok?

I'm thinking of decasing the tv and building an enclosure that matches the cab for it and maybe using some smoked plexiglass or tinted glass to hide the screen. Ideas?

I'm building a Showcase style cabinet too, albeit a sit down version, and had gone through a similar problem when thinking about how to present the screen. It would be possible to build an MDF case/cover to hide the display in but you'd need to ensure that ventilation wasn't an issue. You could make something like this although there would be a reasonable amount of effort involved:

DYNAMO-SHOWCASECABINET.jpg

That would probably allow you to hide the sensors too - I would assume that the would work behind smoked plexi but I guess you'll need confirmation from someone who has one.

In the end, I went for a hybrid of what you have and the Showcase.

Nice looking pedestal - I'll be building something similar.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I've also decided that it looks a bit plain being just black. I think it's time to put some artwork on it and maybe change a few things to liven it up a little. I was thinking of doing the sides and control panel with something based on the "Reign In Blood" album cover and maybe some diamond plate around the bottom kick panels. I also stumbled across these LED skull Balltops. It should look nice and evil then.

post-8223-0-83421800-1436684848_thumb.jpg

post-8223-0-20779300-1436684867_thumb.jpg

post-8223-0-95528600-1436684885_thumb.jpg

Archived