Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How do your mame update your roms?

firepowr

On my HyperSpin Cab I have 30-45 games listed. I usually update my mame roms and mameui every other major version release. I use clrmamepro and run a scan to fix/update my existing set with the latest DAT and updated Rom set. Once all the roms are updated I manually copy and overwrite each individual game in my mame's rom folder for hyperspin. As you can see it is time consuming as I increase my game list.

So how do you guys update your games list? Does clrmamepro have the option to only scan fix/update my existing hyperspin mame roms rather than adding the entire rom collection to it?

• 1 year later...

I followed the tutorial thanks.... i wanted to ask something though.... i obvioulsy need to update mame first for the romset i have right ? eg... i just grabbed 0.153 full split set from PD..... but my mame is 0.152... i would need to update to 0.153 then run clrmame so it can do its job correctly right ?

Just making sure im going through the right process ... thanks.

I use RomVault with the latest DAT file from PD. Once it's all updated/stripped automatically by RomVault, I join the new version of the torrent in progress and then it usually starts at like 80%. This avoids having to download the whole thing again. The torrent then fills in the gaps for a complete set.

Video on how it's done (by the author of RomVault) here:

D

Hi guys i used clrmame to fix my 0.153 full spit set, all worked great... i recently grabbed the CHD's but when i go and do the same scan and try and rebuild it, it says SKIPPED FILES and they are all skipped does not fix anything...

What am i doing wrong ???

Cheers

Archived