Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

So, I decided to build a cab. Questions about buying sticks and buttons...

dyingSatyr

First of all, hello everyone!

So as the title says, I've decided to create my own cab from scratch. Since I've never had too much experience with cabs I did a lot of research for the last couple of days. To my understanding Sanwa is the way to go regarding sticks and buttons but the prices of genuine Sanwa parts are too steep for my budget (I'm from Bosnia so you can probably imagine that budget is TIGHT). I've looked around on ebay and there are plenty of 2 player Sanwa lookalike (fakes) kits that would cover all my needs, but I'm afraid I will be disappointed with the playing experience/responsiveness etc.

Can anyone who had some experience with that kind of parts share their thoughts?

Keep in mind I don't expect tournament quality of lifetime durability, I just want to be able to perform a couple of fatalities :facepalm: here and there.

Besides arcade I intend to have couple of nes, snes, psx and n64 games running with Hyperspin as the frontend.

This is an example of the kit I mentioned: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Arcade-DIY-Kit-For-Arcade-MAME-No-Delay-Encoder-Push-Buttons-Joysticks-/171282843294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e140c69e

Thanks in advance!

I can tell you I just put in the Happ Competition joysticks. They are 8 way and perform great for 8 way and 4 way games such as pacman, donkey kong, etc.. Not issues or stutter

at all. Price $8.00 US each. I wish the sticks were a bit stiffer but they do the job

Archived