The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Exit confirmation

SilverVice

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to have the Hyperspin popup "Would you like to exit" for the emulators too?

I use my Xbox 360 controller for all my emulators and I've set the "back" button to exit (map to Esc or Alt + F4 ).

As you know, we use to press "select" a lot in old games and there is no confirmation. I've lost a lot of non saves games searching options by pressing the Back button.

Do you think is possible?

Thanks

I get you point. I use a ps3 controller, and have my ps3 button set up for exit. That button is harder to press.

But to answer your question, i don't think it's gonna happen. I think that when you run your emulator, Hyperspin is not on the foreground.

You can try to search in you emulator to see if it has such an option however.

You are correct, this has nothing to do with HS and everything to do with HyperLaunch. I can say though that the next HL will include additional gamepad options that will fix your problem. Not exactly how you want, but accidental exits should be eliminated.

Thanks relic, but I want to turn it on, for each emulators not off for Hyperspin. But I guess I need to wait for HS 2.0. I can't wait :boring:

If you are requesting a screen when exiting from an emu, why are you 2 talking about HS2 and turning on/off exit in HQ???

Ok problem solved! In Xpadder I set the back button as a selector. By holding the back button you can remap the whole controller so I map the start button as ESC.

So now to exit any emulator the command is: hold Back and press Start

No more accidental exiting! :proud:

• 1 year later...

Has this been already added?

I think this could be useful, no more accidental exits or strange button combinations.

If HyperPause can pause and resume a game why not a simple exit confirmation screen?

I didn't read about that before.

I can say to you that right now this is not supported on HyperLaunch. The best alternative is to you to set a hold key for exiting the game as other users already mentioned.

I am not promissing any deadlines for that, because right now we are pretty full with the updates that we already started to implement on HL, but I could certanily try take a look into that sometime in the future, or at least to discuss some feasible implementation of it with brolly and djvj.

Archived