Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin - Specific Path Does Not Exist (Spoiler Warning; It does)

nezul

Hey Yall,

I think im starting to understand the madness that is Hyperspin.....

So I have been trying to figure out how to install PC games into Hyperspin. A simple task by most stretches of the word except, most tutorials I find are either out of date (using a older version) or  use either ONLY RocketLaunch or ONLY HyperLaunch.

Anyway, so I tried adding ReMooD (4 player split screen doom) to Hyperspin, I could get it to run normally, I could get it to run through RocketLaunch, but for whatever reason i could never get it to run through hyperspin, I always ran into an error.

Some many hours later and a small break, I sat back down, changed something.....and it worked. Hurray!
cannot for the life of me remember what I did, but it worked.

Now I go and add another PC game to the list an-----why do I have this exact same error? 
What did I do!?!?! How did I fix this before!?!

Anyway so im getting this error.....but it makes no sense.

NOW, Doom works fine and Lethal League is installed the exact same way as I installed Doom, Doom works, Lethal League does not.

Could someone please shine some light on this madness? :3

Thank you

post-81843-0-81649800-1445605651_thumb.png

post-81843-0-04443200-1445605659_thumb.png

Hey all, thanks for the responses

I generally do use rocketlaunch however in seeing games launched ONLY through hyperspin I thought I would give it a try. I also had trouble getting it to work through rocketlaunch. Doom seemed to work just fine, so....

Anyway!
I took your advice and tried going through RocketLaunch, following Giga's Guide (turns out I had already viewed his guide). Like originally, I ran into issues with it.

Right now, I can get Both Doom and Lethal League to run through Rocketlaunch, However when Running through HyperLaunch, nothing happens. I run the diagnostic and I receive a;

03:56:20 PM |  HyperLaunch launched directly
03:56:22 PM |  HyperLaunch received "PC Games" and "Doom"
03:56:23 PM |  INI Keys read
03:56:23 PM |  Possible duplicate launch.  is already running, closing HyperLaunch

Now I have run into this problem before when hyperlaunch was getting stuck as a background process, I have a since applied a fix (I no longer see it in my task manager after exiting) YET This error still occurs.

I tried running them through Hyperspin and....same sorta thing.

Right now, both Doom and Lethal League do not work, however all already working Roms through my MAME emulator in Hyperspin do.

Any ideas?

I'm a little confused, are you using HyperLaunch or RocketLauncher? I may be misreading but it seems like you said you're running both.

Yeah, I'm confused what you're saying too. Are you running Hyperspin with RocketLAuncher or are you running Hyperspin with the old HyperLaunch?

It sounds like he may be running both, in which case HS is probably connected to HL not RL. That would explain why the games work from RLUI but not HS and his mame setup still works (because it's working through HL). Would also explain why the HS.log file that he posted isn't mentioning RL at all. Just a theory.

That's what it sounds like to me too. But why set it up that way?

TC for PC Games (instructions are probably in the PC Launcher module settings section)

1. Use RocketLauncher.

2. For Steam games you need to make sure the game is listed in your SteamIDs file, which is in your RocketLauncher/modules/PC Launcher folder.

(keep a backup too, the RLauncher auto-update like to overwrite this file)

3. You also need to make sure your Hyperspin PC Games database is built correctly with each games Steam ID listed in the title (check the example DB)

4. If it's a Steam game then from the Module settings in RocketLauncher it should have the Steam ID only. DO NOT also add the path to the exe. If it's a non-Steam game then put the path to theexe and leave the Steam ID field blank.

5. If it's a Steam game you must run it straight from Steam the first before it will work in Hyperspin.

6. Many (if not most) PC games will need you to use the FadeTitle option in the RLauncher module settings. Click the window icon for the setting to start the process and it will give you further instructions.

I know that's all a bit vague and probably no help, but I really have no idea what you already know and what you don't...

Ah I see the confusion here

I was just testing the game to see if it would work by just running the Hyperlaunch exe by itself and selecting the game I want to test, faster than booting up hyperspin.

In seeing your post I double checked to see if I had infact, installed Rocketlaunch correctly. Rocketlaunch is indeed connected to hyperspin as a front end and in checking hyperspins settings.ini, it does know where rocketlaunch is.

running hyperlaunch.exe and checking the hyperlaunch.txt yields a different than running  hyperspin and checking the hyperlaunch.txt debug dump .  Just figured that out.

Anyway....seems to be an issue of HyperSpin still running Hyperlaunch instead of Rocketlaunch, despite having my Hyperlaunch_Path= C:/Hyperspin/HyperLaunch/Rocketlauncher.exe (Also tried just C:/Hyperspin/HyperLaunch). At least I think thats the issue....Should HyperLaunch still be running if Rocketlaunch is the pre-set launcher?

Im getting that pesky lingering HyperLaunch bug again....no idea what is causing it now. 

I am at a loss and I have no idea where to start in describing what is not working. 

If it would help, let know what data/info you would like and I will post it in my next reply.

Problems that exist right now;
PC games wont launch
MAME games wont launch after a MAME game has been launched and then exited.
SNES games wont launch (something about not having Hyperlaunch 2 module for SNES, create one or check hyperlist)

Yeah, sounds like you have a path/setting crossed somewhere. You are running Hyperspin 1.4 beta or 1.5 right?

Why is your RocketLauncher.exe inside a folder named Hyperlaunch. Did you upgrade to RocketLauncher from Hyperlaunch, and if so did you not use the transition tool to do it?

This is frustrating

Just to make sure I have done everything correctly I did a fresh install of everything, placing Rocketlauncher in a renamed folder of HyperLaunch in my C Drive. (As suggested)

I realized I was not using the most recent version of Hyperspin, I was using the 1.3.3 full version. However seeing as the download for 1.4 is only a new exe and some scripts I simply copied that to my 1.3.3 folder and overwrote the exe.

After reconnecting everything and reconfiguring all my emualtors....I am Yet again....running into the exact same problems.

Im stumped.

Nezul it kind of sounds like you're mixing and matching things and getting stuff scrambled a bit.

I'd recommend following Ghutches guide, from the beginning. Start over. Set up the newest HSpin right, then move on to setting up RLauncher from scratch just right.

Here's the turotial, follow that and then his links, actually read it all and you should be good:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/tutorials/article/49-written-step-1-installing-hyperspin-w-rocketlauncher/

Here's the actual forum version of that tutorial with a much more step-by-step approach. Might work better for you.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/2187-how-to-install-hyperspin/?hl=%2Bghutch+%2Btutorial#entry62663

Archived