Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

PacLed64 wiring

richie_jones

Just spent hours wiring up my pacled64 using 12 RGB led buttons.

Turned it on and nothing, windows detects it but no lights. (i`ve connected the power also)

I`m using RGB buttons from ultimarc. They have 4 wires on the connector, orange, red ,green, and blue. I`m presuming that the orange is to be wired to the + pin and the red green and blue to the LED channels.

If anybody can remember wiring these could you please tell me if this is right, as the connector is not keyed so i could try it the other way but don`t want to blow anything.

Big dissapointment :(

Turned it on and nothing, windows detects it but no lights. (i`ve connected the power also)

I'm not familiar with the pacled64, as I have LED-Wiz pcb's in my build. Though I'm assuming they're very similar. So when you say you turned it on, do you mean that you wired it all up, booted up the PC and then got no lights? If so, this is because there is a piece of software you need to use to test/control the lights/colours/brightness etc. They won't just turn on once your PC is up and running.

Taken from Ultimarc's website this is a link to the program for the pacled64.... http://www.ultimarc.com/PacLED64.exe

You can also use LEDBlinky to get custom animations etc, then you can configure Hyperspin (in HyperHQ) to run LEDBlinky so you can get your LED's working with Hyperspin.

I hope this helps you :)

I'm not familiar with the pacled64, as I have LED-Wiz pcb's in my build. Though I'm assuming they're very similar. So when you say you turned it on, do you mean that you wired it all up, booted up the PC and then got no lights? If so, this is because there is a piece of software you need to use to test/control the lights/colours/brightness etc. They won't just turn on once your PC is up and running.

Taken from Ultimarc's website this is a link to the program for the pacled64.... http://www.ultimarc.com/PacLED64.exe

You can also use LEDBlinky to get custom animations etc, then you can configure Hyperspin (in HyperHQ) to run LEDBlinky so you can get your LED's working with Hyperspin.

I hope this helps you :)

Hi thanks. Board detected by the pacled64 software but still no lights :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear you got it working :D

Red, Green and Blue are the three primary colours that make up every other colour you see on your television/computer/mobile phone etc.

Having RGB leds along with a pacled64 + pacled software allows you to change, animate and control the colours of your buttons.

The list goes vastly beyond the colours that you mentioned. IE While red and green make yellow, varying the amount of green (voltage) you're giving it, you can get orange, aswell as all different shades of yellow and orange in between.

• 1 year later...

All button and led cabling layouts will differ depending on what you have setup. Will you be going RGB or single. Will you be two player or 4 player. Will you have LED ball top sticks. Will you have LED trackball. How many buttons per player. What type of controller board are you using for your buttons etc.

Trying to write a guide that covers all that is pretty difficult and to be honest pointless.

My suggestion if you are going for the Ultimarc RGB's that are already cabled is to setup all of your buttons which will require the LED's installed prior anyway and while you are routing the cables for your buttons look at routing your LED cables in a similar fashion. Take a look at a few pictures of already done layouts and use them as a guide. Remember to measure twice and cut once. This is an old carpenters adage. :)

Have fun.

And this is why I buy most of my stuff from local shops. :) Then I can see it work and I have a person I can go back to and ask questions.

http://www.ultimarc.com/pacled64.html

That is the place for instructions on PacLED64 as that is the place it came from. :)

Test that the LED actually works on the joysticks first though by putting a voltage through it (make sure you check the voltage first) as you may just have dud LEDs.

And this is why I buy most of my stuff from local shops. :) Then I can see it work and I have a person I can go back to and ask questions.

http://www.ultimarc.com/pacled64.html

That is the place for instructions on PacLED64 as that is the place it came from. :)

Test that the LED actually works on the joysticks first though by putting a voltage through it (make sure you check the voltage first) as you may just have dud LEDs.

oh they work mate, its wired to 12v constant and there fine, arnt they supposed to be 6v thought from pac led

Archived