Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Can't start games in MAME??

zerocool420

Just thought id throw this out there ....I myself am super new at all this rocketlauncher and hyperspin stuff!

So what i like to do is fully explore everything and try different things....

For the most part i have been doing it Simply Austins way and its been fine up until i had this same issue you folks are having!

No matter what i did i just couldnt get the games to load in hyperspin .....they would load fine in rocketlauncher but if i tried to start threw hyperspin, I would hit enter on the game selection and it would just do nothing ....

so i tried all suggestions above to no avail and so i did what my only choice was and that was to start over again and the one thing that slipped me threw out all of this was one little thing you needed to do in order for it to launch rocketlauncher while in hyperspin and that is to right click the .exe file and set it to run as admin all the time. Once i had redone this step it started loading np.

Now this isnt a gaurantee it will fix your issue its just what i noticed helped in my case and you are welcome to try and see if it was your issue as well good luck and happy gaming!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had same issue and just solved it.

Like kingreefer said you have to setup Hyperspin.exe as admin (which I m sure I did but when I checked it wasn't maybe because WIN 10 doesn't keep always those settings for some reason).

But I also noticed that RocketLauncher.exe has NOT to be set as administrator otherwise in order to work otherwise same issue!

DO you guys have the same issue as me? Do you have same admin setup Hyperspin.exe IS admin Rocketlauncher.exe IS NOT? 

I don't have either RocketLauncher or HyperSpin exe's set to run as Admin. Never have. I don't believe I ever had HyperLaunchHQ set to admin either.

I used to run Win 7, but switched to Win 10 back when the upgrade hit. I've never needed to run them as Admin with either.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, it must be a common issue as I also can't figure it out. I've checked all paths and it should work no problem. Here's my log file, RocketLauncher never starts, it's a little frustrating to say the least.

01:37:39 AM |  HyperSpin Started 
01:37:39 AM |  Going windowed mode 
01:37:39 AM |  Checking for updates 
01:37:39 AM |  Update Check Complete 
01:37:39 AM |  Startup program unavailable 
01:37:39 AM |  Playing intro video 
01:37:40 AM |  Error intializing joysticks 
01:37:40 AM |  Menu Mode is multi 
01:37:40 AM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
01:37:40 AM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
01:37:41 AM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully 
01:37:42 AM |  Loading MAME.xml 
01:37:42 AM |  roms_only is true, checking files 
01:37:43 AM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
01:37:43 AM |  MAME wheel loaded successfully 
01:37:50 AM |  Launching Game 
01:37:50 AM |  Using HyperLaunch
01:37:50 AM |  Getting Launcher path 
01:37:50 AM |  Launcher located at G:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
01:37:50 AM |  Running Launcher 
01:37:50 AM |  Launcher Command Line is: G:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "MAME" "csuperas"
01:37:55 AM |  Launching Game 
01:37:55 AM |  Using HyperLaunch
01:37:55 AM |  Getting Launcher path 
01:37:55 AM |  Launcher located at G:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
01:37:55 AM |  Running Launcher 
01:37:55 AM |  Launcher Command Line is: G:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "MAME" "csuperas"
01:37:58 AM |  Launching Game 
01:37:58 AM |  Using HyperLaunch
01:37:58 AM |  Getting Launcher path 
01:37:58 AM |  Launcher located at G:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
01:37:58 AM |  Running Launcher 
01:37:58 AM |  Launcher Command Line is: G:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "MAME" "csuperas"
01:38:00 AM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
01:38:00 AM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
01:38:00 AM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully 
01:38:03 AM |  Exit program unavailable 
01:38:03 AM |  Quiting Hyperspin 
01:38:03 AM |  Bye! 

My controllers were off and I tried to launch a game 3 times.

A solution here would endhours of frustration

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I'd like to add to this topic. I recently had the same problem where everything USED to work, and somehow got buggered inexplicably. I have three things for you to check if the above solutions still do not solve your problem.

1. Quite often, you may be updating your rom collections and want to check naming, settings etc. and it is easier to have RocketLauncher, HyperHQ, HS and your mapped build of MAME open. I just discovered that if my MAME is open in any way (be it for mapping rom paths, auditing games or even without any game running), if you try launching any MAME related game in RL or HS, there is a problem in BOTH where nothing happens as if you didn't tell either to launch your game.  If so, CLOSE OUT YOUR MAME program, and then launch a game through HS or RL and see if magically it now works. I figure it is due to the chain of command where when trying to open MAME to launch the game, it gets confused when it is already open, and nothing yet has been implemented to either give you an error message or know how to get over the hurdle and say "thanks for saving me the one step- here is your game loaded even faster as a reward. " :)

2. IF games seem to load but you get just a black screen, you may be using 'old screen' plugins for special graphics otherwise known in your 'Hlsl' folder of your MAME directory. No offense to Simply Austin, but if you follow his guide on Youtube in the present day, his files may not be compatible with your MAME version and/or with its default settings.  Basically if you downloaded his linked files, please be careful when copying in the following files into your mame 'hlsl' directory and make sure you keep backup copies of your originals if the rare black screen issue occurs:

bloom.fx
post.fx
prescale.fx

Simply Austin's first two replacements above (either together or even separately) broke my video output to a black screen. He was on an older version of MAME (1.53) and I am on 1.79. His prescale.fx file is safe, but note it did update my bezel visual to blocks, rather than the MAME logo for some odd reason I think, but can't remember why. The above three files are moved into a 'BAD' subfolder for now so I don't forget.

3 IF you are getting the error message of not finding the xml or extensions, HS may be looking in RL's xml directory instead of its own. It has been said, but EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SET UP PERFECTLY in the handshake between HS and RL, be sure to double check in RL under Global, General Settings, RocketLauncher tab: Default Frontend Path should map to your HyperSpin.exe file, and Default Plugin should be HyperSpin.  All the way to the right you should now click the RocketLauncherUI pretty orange button, then the Frontends tab. Be sure HyperSpin (or better yet, HyperSpin 1.4) is listed here under RocketLauncherUI or add it with the red plus if you don't. Highlight it, and tick the check boxes for both 'Default' and 'Active'  and/or hit the pretty buttons to do the same next to the red x button.  This step may seem redundant but always double check!

• 7 months later...
On 11/29/2016 at 6:00 AM, phantasy said:

3 IF you are getting the error message of not finding the xml or extensions, HS may be looking in RL's xml directory instead of its own. It has been said, but EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SET UP PERFECTLY in the handshake between HS and RL, be sure to double check in RL under Global, General Settings, RocketLauncher tab: Default Frontend Path should map to your HyperSpin.exe file, and Default Plugin should be HyperSpin.  All the way to the right you should now click the RocketLauncherUI pretty orange button, then the Frontends tab. Be sure HyperSpin (or better yet, HyperSpin 1.4) is listed here under RocketLauncherUI or add it with the red plus if you don't. Highlight it, and tick the check boxes for both 'Default' and 'Active'  and/or hit the pretty buttons to do the same next to the red x button.  This step may seem redundant but always double check!

This is where I screwed up.  I changed my default and active front end but the global general settings tab still had my default front end as RocketLauncher.  

I have been at this a while and my frustration is finally over.

Can not thank you enough. :good::beer::thanks:

Archived