Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

PCB Mounting using tubing

I don't think I've seen that before. Doesn't look like it would be sturdy enought. I might have to check it out. Personally, I use pen bodies. I buy a box of cheap writing pens, pull the tip and ink out, cut to length.

Looks pretty solid to me. Based on the snapshot, looks like the screws are really what's supporting the board, not the spacer. Though the screws required seem a bit larger than I would normally prefer for a PCB...

Thanks for sharing!

I have used Zip ties in the past. Put the screw thru the screw hole in the PCB, Into the wood.. Then put a zip-tie around the screw and pull it tight.. Cut off the Excess. I have done, pretty much ALL my MAME cabs this way.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing this with us. I think it'll hold up just enough to bear the weight of the PCB as shown in the uploaded picture but since this is a flexible tube, if the PCB vibrates or moves slightly, it might get bent and unbalance the PCB as a result. Using the pens is a safer but more laborious method. Since this is just an idea, perhaps we can find a little more still tube than this which won't bend that easily for cheap from somewhere. Just saying.

pcb manufacturing and assembly

Archived