Sign in to follow this  
flipponzio

PC monitor for mini cab

Hello, I will maybe build myself a mini virtual pinball with a 22" or 23" table monitor.

I tried a normal TN monitor I already have but it doesn't work good in portrait position. Do I need at least an IPS?

an IPS panel will give you a better picture when rotated rather than a TN.

saying that though, i have an LG M2280D (LED TN 22") that I'm using for my test bed and that works ok when rotated (you have to be directly in front of the screen though, as is the viewing nature of TN panels.

I plan on using a Dell UltraSharp U2312HM if I ever get around to building a minipin (I've got 2 of the 24" models on my desk.) The anti-glare coating takes a bit of getting used to when looking at black text on a white background, but for colourful graphics they look superb.

I expect that'll do the job nicely too. Mind you, here in the UK I can find the Dell U2312HM for £160 from PC Buy It and the LG IPS235P-BN for £167 from Amazon, so it pays to shop around.

I bought the LG IPS235P-BN for 159 Euro free shipping from Amazon Germany.

The quality of the image is good but I never used before an IPS and I expected a much better improvement from my other TN monitors.