Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Arcade building fundementals

ouguitarman

Hi guys...  We finally started shipping the bartop arcades after a ton of great input from the hyperspin community!  I put together a video showing how to assemble and wanted to give back as it as it will answer a lot of the questions a noob would have that is interested in building an arcade machine.  In other words, the overview applies to the arcade building process, not just our kits.  Anyways please provide feedback so I can improve in the future.

Yes, I miss spelled fundamentals in the subject header and do not  know how to fix it :wallbash:  

Video Breakdown:
0:14 - Walk through of what you get in the kit
2:52 - Prepping the sides, top, and speakers 
4:10 - Prepping the control and button panel
4:35 - Talking through artwork
5:35 - Putting the plexi controls onto the control and button panel
13:40 - Connecting power to the led buttons and/or joysticks
16:28 - Ensure your controls are connected properly and working
17:28 - Finishing up the joysticks
17:50 - Install the control panel on the cabinet
19:03 - Installing the top, bottom, and hinged back door
23:45 - Installing the motherboard or Rpi
24:24 - Mount the monitor
26:22 - Put the left side on and finish up cam locks
28:46 - Adjust monitor height
29:58 - Installing the magnetic latch for the back door swing
31:19 - Finishing touches
31:53 - Installing Tmolding
33:20 - Plexiglass installation
35:16 - Install the marquee
36:56 - Wrap up

Thank you

I guess I have a couple of complaints or suggestions!! I didn't like the way the plexiglass has to be installed a little risky and ive cracked a few pieces before!!! I also don't like the screws on the top of the control panel for the joysticks!  If I was putting artwork on the control panel and then plexiglass I would countersink the screws so you don't see or feel them. Other than that I think its great for someone who either lacks the tools or knowhow to make one or if they don't have the time!!! Price is ok as well!! If you had the tools and the knowhow to build one with artwork it would cost about the same but cost you a lot of time!!! Good luck to you guys!!!

Archived