Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Nintendo vs Super Mario Brothers CONVERT to Donkey Kong

SORHP

Hey everybody that likes to look at project threads !

I have a Nintendo vs super Mario brothers, it needs a little help, and I'm about to do a restore on this bad boy, but I really want to make it a donkey kong machine! Here's the plan...

Clean, check what works, rotate monitor, fix body, acquire parts, install parts, put it in my house nice and pretty so wife will be ok with large arcade # 5 in the house ;)

So, I need help on a few fronts before I get started,

1. Monitor rotation (if it still works well enough to use)

I looked several places and I can't find anywhere that has a good to do description

What do I need, what do I do?

2. Power / parts that definitely should be replaced during restore?

3. Anyone have some stuff to sell me for this project?

griffindodd over at arcade controls did a nice monitor rotation setup with hyperspin.. might want to check it out if you haven't already. He went the easy way; the way I would do it, by attaching the motor directly to the back of the monitor and using switches for stoping and reversing. I think mame rotates the game when selected, not sure. If this is what you talking about.. might wanna give it a look.

The first thing I'd do is a cap kit. Easier to do while you have the parts out of the cabinet then having to pull the monitor out at a later time to fix it. My guess is it's a Sanyo EZ20 (most commonly found in Nintendo Cabinets).

As far as vertically mounting it, from it's current horizontal setup... I'm of no help there. I haven't messed with too many Nintendo cabinets yet to see the differences. Also with the parts, I'd suggest another forum, but not going to post links as I'm not currently up to code with all the rules here and don't want to break any.

griffindodd over at arcade controls did a nice monitor rotation setup with hyperspin.. might want to check it out if you haven't already. He went the easy way; the way I would do it, by attaching the motor directly to the back of the monitor and using switches for stoping and reversing. I think mame rotates the game when selected, not sure. If this is what you talking about.. might wanna give it a look.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,121570

Dude that cab is like the best of both worlds...holy crapolla!

@ nitussi

thats awesome!, but The monitor is too big to rotate like that, I just want to permanent rotate it to its original vertical orientation, thanks though!

@ RenegadeFred

Thats probably what I need to do, although, it looks like this is not the original monitor, I'm not sure, Im looking into it, and you can most certainly post links here, just not to roms or illegal stuff, or whatever

8715711781_ce7dca8e25.jpg

Yeah that's def not a Sanyo EZ20. Honestly I have no clue what that monitor is. It looks like your cab has the bolts for a vertical setup, just missing the cross bar that is usually there.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/

A lot of original parts and cabs etc are sold now and then on those forums. You can probably get a lot more help in the conversion process also.

Archived