Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Barcade...no really I mean Barcade

ruebsy

*in progress*

Instead of your traditional cabinet we have been tasked with redesigning a small sit down bar. The pinball buff that I am wanted to have a traditional pin cab but the video game enthusiast quickly chimed in.

Knowing I was going to actually keep this as a bar rather than a cab lets get a few things straight. Wanted to go inexpensive but heavy and sturdy so we decided to just frame out as we can always rebuild lighter and pricier wood so started our furniture building. This cabinet is also going to reside in what is now our home away from home man cave/jam room where I play drums for a rock/metal band.

post-43861-144491768231_thumb.jpg

We might need a bigger boat...eh backglass TV that is

post-43861-144491774028_thumb.jpg

Here's the old bar, we like the space we have so that kind of explains why we are just going to combine the 2 pieces of furniture

post-43861-144491764937_thumb.jpg

Here's a panoramic view of the room. Nothing great but the worlds best storage/work garage you can have.

post-43861-144491761219_thumb.jpg

Many of hours spent working on the software. I loved the look of PinballX and was mind blown at how beautiful hyperspin looked. So we needed both. For now I am working with a 42" playfield and a 32" back glass. Down the road I may add a dmd but we have a projector in the jam room where there's an xbox 360 and home brewed out Wii

post-43861-144491753293_thumb.jpg

So there's more to come with what we might do with a projector as screen 3.

Currently have Hyperspin as a spot on the PinballX wheel, calling a script I wrote that changes windows main display to the backglass and calls the hyperspin exe and closes PinballX. I ran into issues before closing PinballX with xpadder so it was best to just end the process and do the same placing PinballX on hyperspin wheel and reversing the script to call PinballX and close hyperspin

post-43861-144491747497_thumb.jpg

post-43861-144491750162_thumb.jpg

PinballX currently setup with 171 tables from both Future Pinball, Visual Pinball and PinballFX2. Decided to plumb in the kinect for BAM head tracking but in the "bar" atmosphere it does too good and grabs too many faces and throws future pinball over the place. Maybe try eye toy in the future to see if it's any better, as Wiimotes will be mapped for gun games.

Currently all the consoles play comfortably on what would be the backglass except mame...decided to let mame run on the play field, xbox 360 controls and arcade box being constructed soon.

post-43861-144491704906_thumb.jpg

Current status:

Just painted and put the top on, time to drill cable management, run some case lighting throughout, wire some speakers and get the control box for the front built...COOLING, and a bunch of other never ending shit....to be continued

post-43861-144491778716_thumb.jpg

post-43861-144491779864_thumb.jpg

Nice. You should kegerate the inside and make it so clear glass keg tubes run along the sides of the pinball screen under the glass, then come up on either side of the top screen to taps. Make each tap handle look like a bat-top joystick.

I'm not gonna rule that out!!!

Archived