Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

NES Build with Raspberry Pi

Iggy

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Here is a quick look at how this NES R2-D2 will look like:

So there are two LED displays that blink randomly.  On the back, Ill be using copper braided hoses.  The blue and white squares/rectangles will be acrylic.  On front is a volume knob to help tone down the R2-D2 sounds (it can be really loud at max volume) For the power light....i decided to keep the original square hole as is.  The light is a bicolor led that alternates between red / blue to indicate power on and pi activity.  I also converted the controller ports to usb ports.  So far, I have been pleased how everything is turning out.

JB, thank you for your suggestions.  Ill be using an original broken Star Wars NES game shell to place the USB inside.  I did see CustomNESGuy's work....he does indeed do a fantastic job with his painting.  Im still debating on trying my hand at painting using some Duplicolor auto paint and Spraymax 2K clear coat or using his services

ILW4PyAh.jpg

Heres some more pics.....ill definitely reorganize this thread once the project is complete.  Once I have all the parts, ill start posting pics with the RLD and RLD panels in place :)

Adafruit Audio FX wav board w pentiometer and 4W speaker:

7F3UPzFl.jpg

Power/Reset switch with bicolor RB led:

caU3qgKl.jpg?1

PCB Board assembly:

cVHYSDol.jpg

Starting to glue the acrylics:

1x2UhTjl.jpg

Left side upper half of NES shell....vent, coin return built with acrylics...center piece will house a screw:

loOO1mal.jpg?1

1/8" braided hoses that were constructed:

0lduNwFl.jpg?1

Archived