First Build

dirtynerd

Is it vinyl? How are you attaching/applying it?

Self Adhesive So just big stickers i primed and sealed with machine with a all in one primer/sealer and just put the stickers over that and it worked out great it's a pain to put on but my partner helped me out with a little raging a long the way

Is it vinyl? How are you attaching/applying it?

There is a how to video in the Sideart thread section, as well as tons of pics of cabs showing his prints. Brad printed my sideart and the quality is incredible.

You're supposed to use a felt squeegee, but I was impatient so I used a kitchen spatula wrapped in terrycloth. Ha!

I get acrylic cut to size for the bezel, marquee and control panel from https://www.frameshop.com.au/?file=Acrylic_Clear_Cut_to_Size_2mm.

Pretty cheap with different thicknesses and tells you exactly how much it is when you enter the size. They can also cut holes etc for the control panel.

That's a good link thanks for that looks cheaper then the place i was going to get it done good to know they can cut the control panel i would like to put a cover over the art so it last longer but stress there cuts will be off by a mm that and i really don't want to take all the buttons off again that did my head in but will check the price for there shipping as i am in the west

There is a how to video in the Sideart thread section, as well as tons of pics of cabs showing his prints. Brad printed my sideart and the quality is incredible.

You're supposed to use a felt squeegee, but I was impatient so I used a kitchen spatula wrapped in terrycloth. Ha!

Yeah i did have a look in there it was awesome but with the AUS exchange rate at the moment would of cost me a arm and a leg i got all my art done for $80 i did use a squeegee but didn't lay the unit down just did it standing up it's all done now so no stress looking to build a bartop unit now with all the left over wood looks like my partner just wants to play nes and sega games so ill make her a little unit for her self :D so she can leave the main arcade for me

Hey. I think i got them excsct buttons. Were they lit when pushed as default? How did you change that?

Mine are on all the time when the unit is running only off when i turn the system off plugged in to a 12v running off the computers power supply

im with ya. first build time

Awesome mate keep us up to date look forward to watching your build its great fun just try to write a list so your not making 100 trips down to your local hardware store like i did and most of us do and most of all enjoy it my partner has spent most of the day playing but i still want to add more systems to my hyperspin my download speed is painfully slow

Where did you get your artwork printed? I paid almost 3 times that amount for vinyl...

Terrace Print They are in the west but i am sure they might be able to post the lady was really nice and helpful i think they wanted to charge me more for the job but i have it already quote me the lower price before they had my designs i don't think they would of made much money from this job she tried to charge me $160 but i still had the email that had the first price so they gave it to me for the first price

Project two just started building a bartop now also royally f@#ked  my marquee when applying it to the acrylic haha bubbles everywhere so might get a new print down ill see how it looks once the LED has come in the post still waiting a damn month from payment 

Archived