Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Picked up a Cab on clist

phantom2404

It was a Oldie... it looks to be a Midway cab. The old PCB and both power supplies are shot :( along with the Tube. So I decide to do a Hyperspin Cab. I am planning on putting in a AMD quadcore with 4 gigs of ram and a 1tb drive. do I really need a Video card tho? Im confused do I use onboard or a add on card? Id like to play some of the NEWER games. but what games require hardware acceleration? and should I be concerned with Heat? should I leave the PC in the case or mount it to the wall of the Cab?

http://imgur.com/a/HVsW6

The tube is deff toast... should I save anything off it?

Looks to be in pretty good shape.

I would look for more cpu power over a video card.

I would also go caseless IMO. Saves ya money also.

Agree with you there... the only issue with going caseless is support for a graphics card (if using one). I've never found a good "frame" solution besides a dirt cheap case completely gutted.

Wow Thank you. I gutted the PC case last night and just have the PC frame in there now. Ill put the Power supply back in the PC frame along with the rest of the PC. I know I have a long road ahead of me and thank you for the replies. My next hurdle is replacing a Missing Bracket. and then mounting the LCD to a piece of plywood. and then mounting that into the old CRT frame. In order to get this ready for a Christmas Reveal I will be getting 2 of these USB Encoder things from Amazon. I do plan on getting a better Encoder later and prob get the marque working. Also do i need to get a Audio amp of some sorts? Or use pc speakers? 

Best thing to do for a graphics card when you have no case is remove the front plate. Then there are always 3 to 4 mounting holes in the corners. Mount it to the wood just like a mobo then use a PCI-e extension cable from the mobo to the card. It has always worked like a charm for me. Now you don't have to gut a case. Just mount everything with "pcb mounting feet".

Archived