Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

vishay LEE-G032B-O faulty

neohusky

Hi Guys

Sadly I haven't had a chance to work on my cabinet for many months. I've had an opportunity to play with my test bed again and setup the DMD I received in Feb

On powering it up I noticed a vertical line through the centre of the DMD and a single pixel in that line absent.

I'm a little disappointed that this new DMD (still in plastic) is faulty. I should have put it through its passes when I first got it.

Virtua pin have been gracious enough for a discount on my next DMD purchase, but, can't do anything about this one as its been more than 30days since me receiving it.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so what did you do about it?

Is there any chance of successfully repairing this?

I apologise for the crappy picture.

post-38173-142870592098_thumb.jpg

A member on vpforums (and I think one here?) had the same issue.

I had the same issue on my pinLED then the pixel fully blew just leaving a dead pixel but not a shorted column.

Can it be returned to vishay directly? They must have some sort of 1 year warranty?

Thanks for following this up Russ. The vpforum member noticed his problem early enough and virtuapin swapped it for him.

I've emailed Vishay and just awaiting a reply on an RMA option.

I also found a guy here in Aus that 'repairs' pin DMDs at a cost of $50. A no repair no cost service. This maybe a last resort option.

The reply from Vishay:

The LED which does not light has failed and shorted, causing the other LEDs in that column to light when they should not. (The cause may be an LED manufacturing defect or ESD damage.) The 8x8 LED module with the failed LED must be replaced.

They have asked that I return the display to Vishay for repair through the distributor. I will try and see if Virtuapin can help with the return.

Archived