Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Second time around; Mini avsp-like cab

nitussi

My first attempt of my dual monitor terminator salvatuion-like cab ended in disaster.. so a few months ago I started a mini sit down version. Here is what I built and since I have some time, hopefully I will finish it completely unlike many of my other projects. The vertical monitor will be a 22" 16:10 and the horizontal screen is a 24" 16:10.

So far.

post-20997-142870592479_thumb.jpg

Here is the groove for the plexi-glass that covers the vertical monitor and it will be held in place by the T-molding.

post-20997-142870592484_thumb.jpg

This was the much bigger first one that ended in disaster. Building one similar soon.

post-20997-142870592486_thumb.jpg

I do my wood work in the basement of my other house where no one lives ..I went out of town for a few days last winter and the kitchen sink hot water pipe broke ..water damaged everything in the basement. It sucked but all is good now.

Wow ,I'm moving like a snail on this.. but I put in an hour or two-- installed the front and back feet, the vertical monitor, and the coin door.

IMAG0262_BURST002_COVER_zps05fbe8bc.jpg

I will work on the control panel next while I try to come up with a theme..

Mounting 3 1/2" speakers when I finish the enclosures under each side of the horizontal monitor. Also a dual voice coil 10" down firing sub in the bottom.. soon. I'll Work on the cp when I finish everything else.

IMAG0266_BURST002_COVER_zpsd2be087e.jpg

ok more stuff ..anything black is formica.. yeah i do a lot of formica..

IMAG0272_BURST002_COVER_zpsf20a7c9b.jpg

This camera shot angle, makes the top part of the cab and monitor look taller but it's a regular wide screen 1920x1200 monitor. The cab is 55"(1.4 meters) at it's tallest ..about 24" at it's widest.

IMAG0270_BURST002_COVER_zpsf1b98d4e.jpg

Speakers I had laying around..

IMAG0269_BURST002_COVER_zpsc121ca83.jpg

Archived