Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help: Videos not displaying correctly in Mame Wheel

Kenny Pilgrim

Does that particular game have a theme? If not try checking "Reload Backgrounds" in HyperHQ.

All the games have the themes, I can hear the sound from the vids but getting no visual display. It's not for all its just some of them. They were all working fine before I upgraded. Do I need to check the rom to see if it matches the vid? Then again why can I hear the sound but yet no vid? Hhhmmmmmm strange!

The Rom name won't matter for displaying a video but the video should be named correctly of course. If you have everything off HyperSync then you should be OK.

Which game for example is causing trouble and does the video play outside of HS?

The Rom name won't matter for displaying a video but the video should be named correctly of course. If you have everything off HyperSync then you should be OK.

Which game for example is causing trouble and does the video play outside of HS?

Yeah every thing plays fine, Off the top of my head vids range from After Burner Age of Darkness, Sonic , Double Dragon there's a good few that don't come up. Everything is from Hyper Sync

Yeah every thing plays fine, Off the top of my head vids range from After Burner Age of Darkness, Sonic , Double Dragon there's a good few that don't come up. Everything is from Hyper Sync

So I've tried to play some of the vids outside of HS and I'm now getting the messages This Item was encoded in a format that's not supported

I've now installed all codec packs and some vids work outside of Hyperspin and some don't but yet if i select windows media player to play them they play fine, is there anyway HS can you use media player as the default video player? I'm not tech minded like some of you guys so I'm probably asking for a miracle lol any help is appreciated!

About 100+ videos have been remade by Circo, and synced through hyperspin. There is a thread at emumovies. There is a codec problem, resulting in only audio but no video. I have the same problem, but Circo is aware and working on it. Cheers

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same problem, and I'm using and integrated GPU (I3 Intel).

is that the problem? Do I need a dedicated GPU?

EDIT: I got the videos from other source and all is working. However, the other videos worked fine with VLC.. so probably it was a codec thing.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had the issue of videos playing sound but no image in HyperSpin. They are in mp4 format and played correctly in Windows Media Player fine when I had installed a Codec pack. But no way in HyperSpin.

I found a pretty simple way using HandBrake to convert them (using the "optimize for web" option). I wrote a Powershell script to automatically convert a whole directory content to another, you can find it there : https://github.com/petitssuisses/hyperspin/blob/master/ps_hyperspin_mp4convert.ps1

Archived