Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

**SOLUTION STILL NOT FOUND!** Hyperspin bug!!! Please help....

martijnsx

Hi there,

I have just set up a new hyperspin system with version 1.4 (rocketlauncher). There seems to be a bug which i think i also had on earlier versions of hyperspin.

When i start a game with the button and at the same time use the arcade stick and jerk it around (move it fast left/right/up/down) the game starts but the hyperspin theme/video seems to stay active on the background. You can hear the sound of the video playing while the game is also active.

Why is this a problem? Well when i play myself there is no problem (i am careful) but when others are playing this happens sometimes and hyperspin gets confused and gets stuck.

I think the problem is that when a game is started it is still possible that the hyperspin wheel can be changed/shifted for a milisecond. When this happens the problem arises. Maybe the solution is to lock wheel movement before the emulator/game is started?

Does anyone have this problem? Move the stick fast and press multiple buttons until a game starts. Also try player 2 controls.

Is this something that can be fixed in a new version?

Now it is difficult to use my hyperspin cabinet at a party.

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's no bug that I'm aware of. Although I did have something similar happen a couple weeks ago when my dad was playing it.

Has never happened before, but HS lost focus twice while he was playing and he's a bit of a spaz so maybe that's what caused it.

Other than that... wait. I just remembered that was only happening with PC games and was something else that was an easy fix.

I never did something with vjoy. Do i need to disable the drivers and if yes how do i do that?

Nope. That was just my setup. If you've never installed or used VJoy then you don't even have it to worry about.

Like Jeremy said must be something else.

The question is then what is it. It only happens when pussing multiple buttons/sticks at once. Both on control 1 and control 2.

Is this using an encoder like an iPac? Maybe hitting a specific combination of buttons is your issue. What are your buttons set as? Are any set as Alt, Control etc...?

I just setup Hyperspin on a cabinet for my son. This same thing happened to him while he was playing a game last night. I also have LEDBllinky running, and that too thought the wheel screen was still active because all the buttons were flashing instead of lighting the buttons that were active for the game he was playing. I think we had to exit the game he was playing to get things back in sync. My son is also a spaz on the buttons and joystick, so it might be a tough issue to reproduce the exact combination of inputs that cause this behavior.

Strang that it looks like many people had this problem but there is no known fi.

Well it's the first I've ever seen anyone say that's what was causing them to lose focus. Loses focus if I do that on mine too, I've just never noticed or seen it happen before.

If it's built into Hyperspin there might be no fix other than them patching the glitch. Not sure if anyone is even working on HS anymore though.

this only happen when a popup happen as such when you button smash too much too quickly or hold buttons too long... you will get a popup about squence keystrokes. also what cause this are the keymappers that load with a windows then minimizes to system tray which this process steal focus

this only happen when a popup happen as such when you button smash too much too quickly or hold buttons too long... you will get a popup about squence keystrokes. also what cause this are the keymappers that load with a windows then minimizes to system tray which this process steal focus

I can reproduce this glitch on my cab running an iPac which supposedly has no multi keystroke limitations and I run no keymapper programs at all.

I actually had a similar problem where hyper spin would lose focus of the current game being emulated it never happened while on 1st player but it did happen on 2nd player so i installed a key logger to monitor keystrokes. I discovered that a combination of 2 buttons on my arcade were a default exit script on the rocket launcher ui the keys were Q and S. To fix this I launched Rocket Launcher UI picked the GLOBAL system next clicked the General Settings category followed by the Controls tab and I just cleared the Exit Script Key portion. From my understanding this Exit Script Key is used in case of emergencies if the emulator does not exit with the Esc key as opposed to opening Task Manager. Could be a potential fix not entirely sure if this is the same problem hope it helps.

I can reproduce this glitch on my cab running an iPac which supposedly has no multi keystroke limitations and I run no keymapper programs at all.

it not a limitation multi keys, more like 900 press within a short matter oc time as such as 5 seconds

it pretty hard make come up, but it rarely happen, it really hard to see that when you rl and hs running.

I actually had a similar problem where hyper spin would lose focus of the current game being emulated it never happened while on 1st player but it did happen on 2nd player so i installed a key logger to monitor keystrokes. I discovered that a combination of 2 buttons on my arcade were a default exit script on the rocket launcher ui the keys were Q and S. To fix this I launched Rocket Launcher UI picked the GLOBAL system next clicked the General Settings category followed by the Controls tab and I just cleared the Exit Script Key portion. From my understanding this Exit Script Key is used in case of emergencies if the emulator does not exit with the Esc key as opposed to opening Task Manager. Could be a potential fix not entirely sure if this is the same problem hope it helps.

if you added a ~ in front of the letter it would prevent it from happening...

as such as ~q & ~s as the entry

you make it so that you held them long enough together, it would trigger

if you added a ~ in front of the letter it would prevent it from happening...

as such as ~q & ~s as the entry

you make it so that you held them long enough together, it would trigger

the default is ~q & ~s however considering that I had mapped s to the down key on p2 and q to button 1 on p2 it would still occur.I didnt need an exit script since I just have a cp not a full cabinet so accessing Task Manager is not a major inconvenience for me therefore I just left the exit script blank for my convenience.  

Hello

since we are talking about bugs , i dont know if this consider a bug or not , but seriously it confuses me XD

i already had posted a thread (which nobody respond to) here

i tried the new Hyperspin 1.4 , and it works well with me when tried mame , and it worked very well

but the problem is when i launch a system with FBA emulator (Final burn alpha)

it launches the game but then gets me back to desktop while the emulator is running , so i have to click it by mouse to maximize the screen and play

and the problem happens only when i launch the game from hyperspin , but it works well in RocketLauncher outside Hyperspin

what is the problem ?

Ayooob,

I think that is a different problem which is related to final burn. Please lets not change the subject and keep the focus on the issue i posted here.

I hope someone has an answer/solution. I did not have time to test some things but i hope i will in the coming days (logging keystrokes, pressing multiple buttons on the windows desktop, looking in the ipac mapping, looking at settings, etc).

Archived