Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Gamestream on Nvidia Shield

Sagaia

I am trying to use Hyperspin through gamestream on my shield tv. Hyperspin doesn't recognize the shield controller or the 360 controller through gamestream. HS works and recognizes the 360 fine when playing on the host PC.

This is actually a PC Hyperspin issue.   I suspect it's a d-input vs x-input issue with the Hyperspin.exe and the Gamestream client.    As NVIDIA adds more features over time, I can imagine them fixing it.

You should consider the Hyperspin Android app with your Hyperspin media setup though.  Less lag!    

I figured this was going to be the case. I wanted to do through gamestream so I can have a more central game server instead of having different shields with different game save etc.

Indeed, this is an issue for me too -- and hiscores too.  At somepoint, perhaps Hyperspin can help sync certain folders with the cloud.

I was able to get Nvidia game stream to work by using xpadder. You have to create an xpadder profile for an xbox 360 controller on the pc and have xpadder as an active window before attempting to start game stream. It works with very low latency and is a good option if your pc is running the emulators at higher performance. I do however prefer my default android HS setup for most systems.

• 2 weeks later...

I took today off to do some more work on my HS setup on the Shield TV, I dont know why this morning I just wondered if it would be easier/better/possible to just stream from the PC to the Shield.

Yes the Android app has come a long way but without RocketLauncher and a lot of the android limitation of the emulators I am considering just changing over to streaming.

I just got the Dolphinpad setup and working lastnight but Im saddened to see that I have to have the kids/wife change the settings on the bar if they want to use their WiiMotes on different consoles.

It would be ideal if I could just leave it and the kids be able to pop in and out of wheels/games/systems and not have to back out of the settings etc, like I do now to close the emulator and get back to HS.

I will deffinitely look into xpadder, do you guys know if I can still use the Dolphinpad on Nvidia Shield and have it send inputs to the PC just like I would the Shield controller ?

Another option I guess would just be to let the kids play Dolphin and setup the WiiWare versions of older games.

Archived