Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Cant get zip'd roms to load

Norkusa

I just added Atari 2600 to my HS wheel on Shield TV. Theme, artwork, and videos are all working but I can't get roms to load (getting a 'Warning - Attempting To Launch Missing Rom' message). I'm using .zip roms so I edited the Atari 2600 settings .ini as follows:

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\Emulators\Atari 2600\
rompath=Emulators/Atari 2600/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture|com.explusalpha.A2600Emu/com.imagine.BaseActivity
romextension=bin,zip,a26
parameters=cores/stella_libretro_android.so|

Pretty sure my paths are correct, so I'm guessing my problem is the zip rom format that I'm using? I unzipped a rom though (they're all .a26 unzipped) and edited extensions in the .ini for a26 and they're still not working. Dose the retroarch core that I'm using only work with .bin extensions? If so, what core can I use with zipped roms? Had this problem with other emu's too, so I'm starting to think either most cores don't like zip'd roms, or I must not be editing the rom extension in the settings correctly.

I just added Atari 2600 to my HS wheel on Shield TV. Theme, artwork, and videos are all working but I can't get roms to load (getting a 'Warning - Attempting To Launch Missing Rom' message). I'm using .zip roms so I edited the Atari 2600 settings .ini as follows:

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\Emulators\Atari 2600\
rompath=Emulators/Atari 2600/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture|com.explusalpha.A2600Emu/com.imagine.BaseActivity
romextension=bin,zip,a26
parameters=cores/stella_libretro_android.so|
Pretty sure my paths are correct, so I'm guessing my problem is the zip rom format that I'm using? I unzipped a rom though (they're all .a26 unzipped) and edited extensions in the .ini for a26 and they're still not working. Dose the retroarch core that I'm using only work with .bin extensions? If so, what core can I use with zipped roms? Had this problem with other emu's too, so I'm starting to think either most cores don't like zip'd roms, or I must not be editing the rom extension in the settings correctly.
Your rom path is wrong.

I have rompath=/storage/usbdrive/Games/Atari 2600/roms

Ok, I found my problem. The rom names on my Atari 2600 Database and Emulators XML's aren't matching up. Makes sense since I got these from separate sources. I replaced the Atari 2600 Database XML with the Emulator XML and the roms were finally loading, although artwork & videos weren't displaying, understandably. 

So right now I have Atari 2600 roms loading but no artwork & vids since all that stuff needs to be renamed. Would probably be easier to just rename the roms but again, I'm on Mac and there's no re-naming tools available for OS X that I know of.  So I guess now I'm off to eBay to buy a pre-configured HS hard drive. :/

Archived