Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Arcade Cabinet Parts

Hi,

Getting ready for my first build, a couple of quick questions :

Where should I buy the parts? (ex. joysticks, buttons, etc) *I've got the PC building part covered. ;)

What is a rough list of the parts I would need for a setup like this? : http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?25778-My-Arcade-Podium-%28Picture-Heavy%29

Where can I find some dimension templates for ideas?

Thanks!

Some more sites I've personally used:

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/

http://na.suzohapp.com/

http://www.ultimarc.com/

http://www.gameongrafix.com/

When I made my cabinet I took ideas from a bunch of other projects and sites. If you are going by that project you posted then I take it you want to make a podium style cabinet, which is cool. I would look up many other examples online before trying to copy just one project exactly. You never know what you might want to change, and it's best to plan as much ahead as possible. For example, do you want a trackball, spinner, or more buttons for players 3 and 4? If you just play MAME 4 buttons is fine for those players, but if you plan on playing other 4 player systems you might want to mirror players 1 and 2 to 3 and 4. You can add pinball buttons on the sides of the control panel as well if you like. How about a dedicated 4 way joystick that more precisely controls games like Pac-Man or Donkey Kong.

You can add pinball buttons on the sides of the control panel as well if you like. How about a dedicated 4 way joystick that more precisely controls games like Pac-Man or Donkey Kong.

Personally I've been researching for about a year now. I have timber to build the coffee table and have made numerous plans and scrapped numerous others.

I want RGB LED with cocktail ends and normal one and two player spinner and trackball on the horizontal and going an 8 button layout on 1 and 2 with a 6 on the 3 and 4 player and pinball buttons possible on both cocktail ends jus for symmetry.

Using the Ultimarc Mag Stick plus for all controls and possibly looking into RGB ball tops for them (if I can get them easily)

It took me ages to decide on just that bit of info. Research everything right down I what wire and connectors you need and how far apart everything is. Then do it all again. Print designs out and put your fingers etc where the picture has buttons etc and have a friend stand beside you with it. The arcadecontrols website (sorry don't have link) has great layouts and you will find player 1 is different to player 2 and that small difference is very important. Even the height and angle of the controls can cause issues to how a game feels. So much to look at but when you have it all perfect you will be more than happy with the results.

A lot of guys make a trial control panel first and sit it on tables etc to get a feel of it. Good idea but again a lot of extra work. Worth it though if it is your first.

Enough of my guff.

Thanks for the links!

Thank you for the links and your input, good stuff to think about!

We must be same kind of person :P

I'm not going to rush a beautiful thing but I need to start somewhere. Seems like dimensions should come first and then parts? Of course this will happen after I look at a bazillion examples of others cabs.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Personally I've been researching for about a year now. I have timber to build the coffee table and have made numerous plans and scrapped numerous others.

I want RGB LED with cocktail ends and normal one and two player spinner and trackball on the horizontal and going an 8 button layout on 1 and 2 with a 6 on the 3 and 4 player and pinball buttons possible on both cocktail ends jus for symmetry.

Using the Ultimarc Mag Stick plus for all controls and possibly looking into RGB ball tops for them (if I can get them easily)

It took me ages to decide on just that bit of info. Research everything right down I what wire and connectors you need and how far apart everything is. Then do it all again. Print designs out and put your fingers etc where the picture has buttons etc and have a friend stand beside you with it. The arcadecontrols website (sorry don't have link) has great layouts and you will find player 1 is different to player 2 and that small difference is very important. Even the height and angle of the controls can cause issues to how a game feels. So much to look at but when you have it all perfect you will be more than happy with the results.

A lot of guys make a trial control panel first and sit it on tables etc to get a feel of it. Good idea but again a lot of extra work. Worth it though if it is your first.

Enough of my guff.

I have 2 magstick + and the rgb balltops. I might be selling them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add this.

www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

That is a great site for detailed control panel layouts. I got my two layouts from it.

sega1_l.png

sega2_l.png

These are the Sega layouts and very comfortable for angled control panels. Print a few out and put them on a piece of wood about the size you way your panel to get ideas. Well worth the effort.

Archived