Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

support multi sub wheels on main menu ?

relic

Question

hi is there a guide or something i could follow to do this in english as im very interested in this technique and it would be handy to have in the future maybe even possible to add onto hyperspin 2.0 release if we ever figure it out thanks regards relic.

salut est -il un guide ou quelque chose que je pourrais suivre pour le faire en anglais comme im très intéressé par cette technique et il serait utile d'avoir à l'avenir peut-être même possible d'ajouter sur Hyperspin version 2.0 si jamais nous le découvrir grâce Cordialement relique .

heres what im refering too if you dont know

• Answers 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah.. i think i found out what option is there for.... :D

<game name="MainMenuChanger">
  <genre>Option</genre>
  <year/>
</game>

will add that to my categories entry and hope for the best.

EDIT: That fixed it... so i added it to mainmenu changer and search as i always want those to be present.

Oh, i do have a slight problem though.

I just selected Arcade, backed out to the main menu, and MainMenuChanger wasn't included in the list, so i can't do any more filtering and am stuck with my arcade games! :D

I renamed MainMenuChanger to Categories, could that be why?

My problem was that i had left /> close tags in all.xml, when it should have been a > tag.

Now it works perfectly! Great work knewlife, fantastic.

ninja2bseen, the genres are intact, i just tried it in mame! =)

will do

I'll assume what we have here is upon launching, you would see something like the following

Console>

N64, Nes>

Select n64 and still see genres to n64 ?

Before I try I'd like to confirm that the system itself will still have genres

No.

In the current version... It's a system called "Change Systems" that is added in the main menu and once you enter there you  can filter the main menu, you can see exactly how it works at the end of the tutorial video..

Anyway... im working in your propose. Please be patient and i will come back, i test some things today and it may be posible to make the sub whels without multiple instalations of hyperspin, just some main menu tricks.

And yes the systems will have its own genres as this dont work with genres.

The only art i have is the one provided with the download. Let me now if you can set it up just look the entire video first :) and backup everything.

Once you select a filter like console the main menu.xml will be rrecreated with the entries with console as genre. So you can go back to main menu and hyperspin will work normally... It just hide some systems from the main menu nothing else.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

will do

I'll assume what we have here is upon launching, you would see something like the following

Console>

N64, Nes>

Select n64 and still see genres to n64 ?

Before I try I'd like to confirm that the system itself will still have genres

The only art i have is the one provided with the download. Let me now if you can set it up just look the entire video first :) and backup everything.

Once you select a filter like console the main menu.xml will be rrecreated with the entries with console as genre. So you can go back to main menu and hyperspin will work normally... It just hide some systems from the main menu nothing else.

Amazing, yes this is it. This allows for grouping of systems! I assume you can select genres once in a system wheel like console, then on n64 itself? Also can the consoles wheel have genres as well as the individual system itself?

Can't wait to set it up.do you have a theme for change system and bordered wheel art for change system?

Ya that would be great. I've always been looking for a way to have a main menu which has a console wheel, computer wheel, arcade wheel, handheld wheel etc. then once you click it, you would see all the systems and you could choose accordingly. Does the new app that you are working on account for this?

Not really, it creates a Main Menu Item whit subitems that let you select the systems to display in the main menu... if you check the video you will see what im talking about better.

It may be posible to do the subwheels but you will need multiple hyperspin instalations or at least multiple "Main Menu.xml" files... this will for sure interfere with hyperlaunch/rocketlauncher hq.

Its not imposible but its not something im not trying to do right now... meybe next week i can take a look and make that work.

I upload a new Main Menu Changer here and a video tutorial also: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11400-main-menu-changer/

This app lets you change your main menu filtering the entries based on the year and genre (type of system).

Read the readme Files or Fallow this video-tutorial:

IMPORTANT: If you use this app and you want to add new systems to your setup, you must add the <game> entry in the All.xml file manually or the system will desapear from your main menu once you use Main Menu Changer.

One last problem, hyperspin looses focus when i have selected a category and it has filtered it. So i have to click the mouse and then back out to the main menu...?

mmm i have not experienced that but i guess I can force focus to return to hyperapin.

Will check tonight

Hi yes i made that App but it just ( as you guts says ) filter the main menu wheel. It Don't allow multiple levels of wheels. That's clear right?

Now if you want to filter the main menu as I do I have a version right now that do not close hyperspin as is not necessary... Just recreate the main menu.xml and let you go back and see the results.

If I have some time those days I can help you out.

Or meybe made a video ttutorial.

i felt like this was familiar. I have a file set from somewhere but could never get it to work. maybe missing pieces of the puzzle?

I think knewlife made this but if someone can crack the mystery as to hot to set this up I'll bet it will allow for console, handheld etc wheels with systems as sub wheels. Check my attachment from a few posts ago

i thought this is what we were talking about to begin with how to make it work on our one even if it means getting theres to run so we can have a look at there codeing etc i can get spin one to run but it dont seem to like our themes for some reason

Archived