Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

support multi sub wheels on main menu ?

relic

Question

hi is there a guide or something i could follow to do this in english as im very interested in this technique and it would be handy to have in the future maybe even possible to add onto hyperspin 2.0 release if we ever figure it out thanks regards relic.

salut est -il un guide ou quelque chose que je pourrais suivre pour le faire en anglais comme im très intéressé par cette technique et il serait utile d'avoir à l'avenir peut-être même possible d'ajouter sur Hyperspin version 2.0 si jamais nous le découvrir grâce Cordialement relique .

heres what im refering too if you dont know

• Answers 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No quiero revivir un post antiguo pero algunos amigos también tienen interés en conocer el funcionamiento de las categorías y sub-wheels, debo decir que esta manera de ejecucion se usa desde el 2013 y posterior a inicios del 2014 cuando se realizo este exe y hasta el dia de hoy lo sigo usando en mi arcade.

Aclarar algunos conceptos el exe multiwheels es una aplicacion de terceros su función es cerrar el HS cuando presionas "escape" y volverlo abrir el proceso (Refresco) modificando el xml del Main menu que tiene a su vez un configurador por pantalla. en el cual se encuentra el xml a intercambiar.

Primero.- Activar el MultiWheel

E:\FRONTENDS\RHS\Configuration\Config.ini

[Activation]
Multi Wheels=OUI

Crear un xml con sus categorías

.. RHS\Databases\Main Menu.xml

<menu>
  <game name="Exit" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Arcade" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Consoles" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Handhelds" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Collections" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Computers" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Pinball" exe="true"/>
</menu>

Segundo.- Crear un xml con sus categorías

..\RHS\Configuration\Wheels\Box1\Wheels

Copia el mismo archivo Main Menu

..\RHS\Configuration\Wheels\Box1\Wheels\parametre.ini

Exit

..\Configuration\Wheels\Box1\Exit\Main Menu.xml

<menu>

<game name="Apagar" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Reiniciar" exe="true"/>
  <game name="Hibernar" exe="true"/>
</menu>

..\Configuration\Wheels\Box1\Exit\Main Menu\parametre.ini

Wheels Box1 ecran1

Para la ejecución:

Setting\Exit.ini

[exe info]
path=.\
exe=Multi Wheels.exe
parameters=Exit Box1 ecran1
pcgame=true
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=false

_______

Setting\Hibernar.ini

[exe info]
path=D:\RHS\Emulators\Exit\
exe=Hibernar.exe
parameters=
pcgame=true
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=false

Old thread I know but I’m going through this now. Curious if anyone has found an easier way. I have been searching and haven’t seen much different from this thread. I am not looking to categorize everything. I want to create a wheel that has a bunch of sub wheels for collections. Mario, resident evil, final fight.... etc. all coming from 1 option on the main wheel. I feel like the easiest way to do that would be to launch a new install of hyperspin with only the collections in that wheel. 
Try hyperxmlspin

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Old thread I know but I’m going through this now. Curious if anyone has found an easier way. I have been searching and haven’t seen much different from this thread. I am not looking to categorize everything. I want to create a wheel that has a bunch of sub wheels for collections. Mario, resident evil, final fight.... etc. all coming from 1 option on the main wheel. I feel like the easiest way to do that would be to launch a new install of hyperspin with only the collections in that wheel. 

well even the french know how to do it so there must be a more simple way to solve this perhaps a program could be made for doing this trick like an old switcharoo addon you could use some app which duplicates programs and links them in together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIt7p_P1NUc

I'm the maker Of this video. I use a tool we called hyperspin multiwheel tool. There is a thread about it @ ****************, but the creator Of the tool leave HFS to make some think bigger and better with our team @ screenzone. Maybe i can find an old archive Of this project. I Will ask the creator tomorow

Hello all. I wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that I had a issue where when exiting HS there would be trouble creating the main menu.xml file. In my situation it ended up being MMCExit.exe. I had to run it manually first, and when windows popped up the unknown publisher security warning prompt I had to uncheck the "always ask before opening this file" box in the lower left hand corner. After that, it was able to write to the main menu.xml on exit :)

Here's the thread where knewlife helped me through it -

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/15075-support-multi-sub-wheels-on-main-menu/page-4#entry231482

The only issue that I have left is that restoreExplorer64.exe is not actually restoring explorer. If i run it from cmd line after HS exits I can restart explorer, so there's no issues with permissions on that executable. Just seems that its not correctly calling the restoreExplorer64.exe. I will try asking in the mmcexit support thread to see if anyone knows why.

Everything else is working great now, just wanted to share with you all the issue I had incase someone else runs into it.

I am on windows 7 64bit

Seems like you posted this in the same topic XD

Enviado desde mi 3SQ mediante Tapatalk

Windows 7. I have unchecked the security 'always ask' option for both restoreExplorer.exe and restoreExplorer64.exe as well as ensuring both have admin execution.

Running the restoreExplorer64.exe from cmd line after HS closes restores everything, so it seems there is a issue on calling it when HS is closed.

Also, I use HyperSpin Startup Script.exe and normally have that set as my startup .exe in HyperHQ. Any idea how I could still keep that and killexplorer? HyperSpin Startup Script.exe maps my joysticks because the HyperHQ control config is very buggy and does not work well. But HyperSpin Startup Script.exe works perfect.

You Windows is 64 bits then? I will need to add a log in mmcexit and send you that...

HyperSpin Startup Script let you run apps editing his ini file I think... Edit it and add killexplorer there.

If you can send me the steps to  unchecked the security 'always ask'  for files... that will be great so i put that on main post.

Ohh and please continue the discusion here in the official support topic: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/15424-main-menu-changer/page-8

so anyone can find this information

Possibly a problem with 32 or 64 bits system... tellme what windows you have and tellme exactly wath happens when you exit hyperspin... tomorrow i cqn check that

glad it works...

Windows 7. I have unchecked the security 'always ask' option for both restoreExplorer.exe and restoreExplorer64.exe as well as ensuring both have admin execution.

Running the restoreExplorer64.exe from cmd line after HS closes restores everything, so it seems there is a issue on calling it when HS is closed.

Also, I use HyperSpin Startup Script.exe and normally have that set as my startup .exe in HyperHQ. Any idea how I could still keep that and killexplorer? HyperSpin Startup Script.exe maps my joysticks because the HyperHQ control config is very buggy and does not work well. But HyperSpin Startup Script.exe works perfect.

Well, that was totally strange and unexpected. We have fixed the problem!!!

After clicking on MMCExit.exe windows gave the usual security warning, "unknown publisher" prompt. I unchecked the "always ask before opening this file" box and BAM, that fixed it!!!!

Im assuming that even with UAC disabled the program still couldn't call MMCExit.exe until I had specified it to not bug me with that security warning. Is there a way to bypass this security warning? Maybe in your tutorial/instructions you can specify that as a step so that people understand they need to uncheck that otherwise it wont work :)

That was a lot of trouble for such a simple little thing!!! Thank you for sticking through it. I actually understand the process very thoroughly now, so despite the frustration its been a valuable process.

Now to get to the massive organization and skinning!!!! WOOHOO!!

EDIT - one last thing though. Explorer is still not being restarted after closing HS. Do you know what could be causing that?

Possibly a problem with 32 or 64 bits system... tellme what windows you have and tellme exactly wath happens when you exit hyperspin... tomorrow i cqn check that

glad it works...

Test this:

This is the content of the data file (open in a text editor ):

[DATA]

;SET BY THE APP, DO NOT TOUCH

ParentXML=_XML_Categories|genre='Consoles'_OR_genre='Option'|genre='Arcade'_OR_genre='Option'

Rename Main Menu.xml to something else.

___ ___ ___

Run MMCExit.exe

___ ___ ___

The data file must turn into this:

[DATA]

ParentXML=_XML_Categories

And the Categories.xml file must be copied to Main Menu.xml

___ ___ ___

If some of this two things dont happen something is wrong with MMCExit.exe

Well, that was totally strange and unexpected. We have fixed the problem!!!

After clicking on MMCExit.exe windows gave the usual security warning, "unknown publisher" prompt. I unchecked the "always ask before opening this file" box and BAM, that fixed it!!!!

Im assuming that even with UAC disabled the program still couldn't call MMCExit.exe until I had specified it to not bug me with that security warning. Is there a way to bypass this security warning? Maybe in your tutorial/instructions you can specify that as a step so that people understand they need to uncheck that otherwise it wont work :)

That was a lot of trouble for such a simple little thing!!! Thank you for sticking through it. I actually understand the process very thoroughly now, so despite the frustration its been a valuable process.

Now to get to the massive organization and skinning!!!! WOOHOO!!

EDIT - one last thing though. Explorer is still not being restarted after closing HS. Do you know what could be causing that?

Test this:

This is the content of the data file (open in a text editor ):

[DATA]

ParentXML=_XML_Categories|genre='Consoles'_OR_genre='Option'|genre='Arcade'_OR_genre='Option'

Rename Main Menu.xml to something else.

___ ___ ___

Run MMCExit.exe

___ ___ ___

The data file must turn into this:

[DATA]

ParentXML=_XML_Categories

And the Categories.xml file must be copied to Main Menu.xml

___ ___ ___

If some of this two things dont happen something is wrong with MMCExit.exe

Ok mmmm... if you have UAC enabled in windows (what windows do you use btw?), make all programs in mainmenuchager (even the ones in Explorer folder) run as admin by default: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

And send me the file called DATA from your MainMenuChanger folder

Attached is my new xml's, mainmenuchanger.ini, HS settings.ini and the DATA file!

I changed the xml's a lot since my first post. I was trying to go 'simple' at first, just get it working, then expand, but I've since just gone 'default' and used the example xml's from mode 2, which is what I am trying to run.

Also, I had already had UAC disabled and mainmenuchanger.exe was set to run as admin. I've since added all the other exe's to run as admin, but it has not resolved the issue.

Thanks!

newsettings.zip

Haha! Ok great thank you. Yes, I've been thinking it had to do with my Back entry as well. I did have both the Back entry in all.xml and the startup programs running correctly. The previous issue I had where it wrote the wrong categories to main menu.xml is now gone, and we are back to the good old error creating main menu.xml

The screenshot is identical to yours.

Of note is - If I enable killing/restarting explorer, after it fails to write to main menu.xml it fails to restart explorer. Could you perhaps make it so that even if that part of the process fails it still relaunches explorer? I have to ctl alt delete, run task, explorer to get it going again :)

Ok mmmm... if you have UAC enabled in windows (what windows do you use btw?), make all programs in mainmenuchager (even the ones in Explorer folder) run as admin by default: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

And send me the file called DATA from your MainMenuChanger folder

Really? Search which other sites? For what? Themes and other art things?

French guys have made their own site. Their themes are really poor quality, but they have find a way to use sub wheels. There was a little fight between the french people, so now there is two sites: screenzone.fr (they make databases, artworks for hyperlaunch...) and h y per fr ee spi.fr (videos, themes, etc...)

Some spanish guys are working on hyperspin too and there is some videos on youtube with some good configurations. That's why it's sad that they don't share their work here and on emumovies.

For sub wheels, there is a post on the french site, where they give a mega link. This guy created an executable to modify the main menu.xml on the fly. But he explain not very well how to use this...

Archived