Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

GPU advice for HLSL in MAME?

ChinMuzik

I can't say if that card will be OK it is low end and it will need to be shader model 3.0 or higher which it should be.

I recently did a teamviewer session and set up hlsl for the guy, his gpu was an old AMD 6670 which is pretty old and it worked fine. Mame version is 0.145.

If you don't want to drop the cash on a gpu have you tried glsl which may be less intensive. You will need mame version 0.160 or higher though.

Hey GP thanks for the reply.

I'm using MAME .171

I haven't tried GL are the settings entered the same way by editing the .ini file similar to HLSL?

I'm an idiot when it comes to understanding what values do what in the config files. I just punched in someone elses settings for HLSL becaus e I really liked the way they looked.

Hey GP thanks for the reply.

I'm using MAME .171

I haven't tried GL are the settings entered the same way by editing the .ini file similar to HLSL?

I'm an idiot when it comes to understanding what values do what in the config files. I just punched in someone elses settings for HLSL becaus e I really liked the way they looked.

Yes they are. The ini file is laid out quite well and in sections. So hlsl has a section and glsl has a section, all you need do is switch them on or off and add the shader you wish to use.

The video mode seems to be causing problems as mentioned above as I always set it to opengl but auto may be the way to go.

If you are running mameuifx all these things can be set in the gui. If you are really stuck then you can upload your ini files and I will modify them for you.

Archived