Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

setting up new themes

gec5741

Hopefully this will be my last newb question for a while.  I've gotten the trackball to work within mame, I've gotten highscores to save, I've figured out how to sort by letter.

Now next on my list is to change the look by installing a new theme.  I downloaded one from here HyperSpin Redesign - Chicuelo (20130727).  I dont' see any guides on how to make these work so I'm a little lost on how to go about it.  Do I need to download any artwork or anything?  I've not yet donated here and emumovies but I do plan to in order to use hypersync.  I've been holding off until I can get things setup the way I wanted them and all has been tested out before I spend all the money.  But would this be needed or at least make life easier in order to get these other themes setup and polished up?

Thanks as always for any guidance you can throw my way.

In HyperSpin -> Media you'll find a folder for every system currently in your setup as well as one for your Main Menu:

- If it's a Main Menu theme, the zip goes in Main Menu -> Themes and it must be named to exactly match the system name as it appears in RocketLauncher/HyperHQ.

- If it's a system default theme, it goes in <System Name Here> -> Themes and must be named "default.zip" then you'd place box and cart art into the artwork folders (box generally goes into artwork3 and cart into 4 but it can vary theme to theme).

- If it's a game theme for a system's game, it must go in <Systen Name Here> -> Theme and it must be named to exactly match the game name as it appears in your database.

OK that makes sense.  I'd like to use this Hyperspin redesign - Chicuelo theme if I can figure it out.  I "think" it's a universal theme to cover all of frontend meaning the main menu, individual systems, and game themes.  Problem is I've been searching for setup guides or videos and there isn't much that I've been able to find. And anything I do find is in a different language other then English.  I may be able to figure it out but would be much easier if these things came with some instructions.

It is a Main Menu and system default universal theme including a pointer, special art, letters and a setting.ini. No boxart or carts, but you will need wheels and videos. He has setup 18 systems and 50 PlayStation wheels for demonstration purposes. You will need to get the videos and create all of the wheels.

Unless you work in Photoshop or similar you will probably need this program to batch create the wheels. http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7416-autokustom-beta-2/ . He has a dropbox link for his wheel frame on the YouTube page about this theme.

oK so I'm starting to piece this together.  I found the dropbox download and grabbed that.  I would need to just add all the different logos to this frame and that's considered the wheels right?  Then if I did have hypersync and active accounts for hyperspin and emumovies I'd be able to use that to grab all the box art, cart art, and movies right? 

If I'm correct in that I just need to figure out in the actual download what goes where.  there is a _MACOSX directory with a sub directory just called chicuelo.  in that folder is media dir and 3 png's.

Then back in the main directory there is another chicuelo folder with a media, settings folder and 3 more png's. 

I have worked with photoshop a lot so that's not a big deal but if I can batch create them with the other software you linked maybe that would be faster.  For me at this moment in time being so new to this the hardest part is just knowing where everything needs to go.  I'm getting it slowly.

• 11 months later...
28 minutes ago, kennedy555 said:

makes no sense. i downloaded this theme, if i can't just drop it and use it i wont bother, don't want to change all video media just thought it changes the wheel 

Yeah most standard themes are just drop n play. But some are more work.

Hi so please can you help which theme would i need that's drop ready and how do i add them to the hyperspin shield.

I downloaded the theme mentioned above but not sure how to add that or other to the shield.

Also any idea how to make Scummy vm on shield?

I have no idea at all how it works on Android, just PC.

The theme mentioned in this thread you'd have to find setup instructions for or follow the tips Wesfranks already said in his post above. But I have no idea if that theme (or any themes) will work on Android.

The theme you were looking at has been recently discussed and is a lot of manual work- adding frames and backgrounds to wheels, copying and renaming themes to systems, and changing INI settings so the wheels match the space allotted for them to make the themes look like the OP wanted. The art assets provided were just an example system to use as a template for setting up your other systems. There is a walkthrough video, but it is in Portuguese. It can be done, but might be best to do as Metalzoic suggested and look for standard themes per system that are already in zip format. 

Since you mentioned the Shield, try looking at the HyperSpin Android section......  http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/forum/172-hyperspin-android/  

All I know personally, is that certain animations cause the themes to not function in Android. In that case, the members there have altered the themes to make it work. Should be many examples and links to the work they have done. 

Archived