Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How What to know renaming mess bios

badhemi

I'm currently trying to setup systems in mame/mess that don't have any stand alone emuators. My question is how do you know if and when and what to rename bios files. In trying to setup channelf system and don't know what to rename the bios files. Thank yoy

I'm currently trying to setup systems in mame/mess that don't have any stand alone emuators. My question is how do you know if and when and what to rename bios files. In trying to setup channelf system and don't know what to rename the e files. Thank yoy

You don't ever rename those files.

Just make sure you have a MAME rom set that matches the MAME version you're using.

You don't ever rename those files.

Just make sure you have a MAME rom set that matches the MAME version you're using.

the bios files you do as well as game roms also to match hash folder!!! Yes I have the hash folder with all the rom names but the bios files need renamed

the bios files you do as well as game roms also to match hash folder!!! Yes I have the hash folder with all the rom names but the bios files need renamed

Nope. If you have matching rom set, MAME version and Extras no renaming is needed. In fact, that's exactly not how MAME works.

The (hash) folder gives you your system name, and then just Google the latest MAME BIOS files and they will be pre named in a (.zip) file that matches the name of the system (.xml) :)

Done a GX4000 setup video, will be posting it later :)

The (hash) folder gives you your system name, and then just Google the latest MAME BIOS files and they will be pre named in a (.zip) file that matches the name of the system (.xml) :)

I did that getting the advision bios and we still had to rename bios films as per your video. In which I still can't get adventure vision to work. I got atari 5200, arcadia and mega duck systems to work.

I would be interested int he video when you upload it.  I have fought with the new MAME core with /mame/mess all week.  And have gotten no closer to making this work.  Whenever I attempt to load a rom in RA it just closes.  When I link everything through RL it extracts my rom and closes.  I dont even see RA load for a second.  

PD MAME already comes with all the required BIOS files; no need to Google for them. :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What's PD MAME???

Ohh this is for android HS. So I guess it wont work the same way as on a PC?

I think it's the same setup mate, but we don't use RL on Android so don't know for sure. But the file/folder paths are the same in which ever version you use, and we obviously take the (hash) folder from the PC version :)

What's PD MAME???

I think it's the same setup mate, but we don't use RL on Android so don't know for sure. But the file/folder paths are the same in which ever version you use, and we obviously take the (hash) folder from the PC version :)

maybe pleasure dome?

Archived