Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Pinball Hero 42/27/DMD

allsyop

Here is a Pinball Hero themed cab I just finished. It features a 42 inch LED playfield, a 27 inch LED Back monitor, and a Xpin DMD. I sent all of the legs/rails/lockdown bar/and bolts off to be powder coated fireball red.

This was a blast to build!

post-10059-142870593769_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870593762_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870593765_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870593766_thumb.jpg

post-10059-142870593767_thumb.jpg

Cool, I assume its shortened to fit the 42" screen?

What made you choose flush mounting the screen rather than laying it in the cab a bit?

I have a few CAD versions depending on how the screen is going to be mounted. This one is for a flush mount screen. If we were laying the screen down we would have kept it the full length of a standard cab.

I have built both, and in my opinion I like the look of a flush mount screen. The recessed screens in my opinion have more of a glare problem when in certain lighting environments. Just my opinion, And we all know

what opinions are like. :stupid:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Actuary11235

This is the cab I purchased and I really like it. In particular, the slope of the playfield is similar to that in a real pinball machine. I suppose if it wasn't flush mounted I would make a case for that too. :)

Keith did an awesome job with this. I've taken a look inside and everything is secure and very well done. It's as good as was hoping it would be.

Archived