Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

setting up Cave(mame) on hyperspin Android

MonsterCockie

As I understand it...

2000 = 0.37b52003 = 0.0872010 = 0.1392014 = 0.157Mame git = current rom set

Mame4droid has two versions (0.37b5 & 0.139u1) for certain Rom sets, so one is basically Mame 2000 the other Mame 2010. I tested my Deathsmiles Roms on my HTPC with both those Mame cores, it crashes Retroarch so I wouldn't expect any joy with Mame4droid either. Mame Git and 2014 will run them on my HTPC, Mame Git appears slow on android which is most likely why the roms aren't loading right.

You're asking if somebody has Deathsmiles running on Android. Some people probably do because they installed the Mame 2014 core when it was available.....sadly that doesn't help you as it's not available on Android's Retroarch core updater currently. If your device is rooted you can try and add the mame2014 core manually.

So as I've already said...On my SHIELD TV, Retroarch with Mame Git will launch some CAVE Roms but not all, ideally you want Mame 2014. DeathSmiles 2 doesn't load on either of those cores even on PC, the HFSBOX15K pack for Windows uses GroovyMame to emulate CAVE and CAPCOM Systems. At some point I'll try game streaming my PC version of Hyperspin to the SHIELD TV to access Wheels that Android can't do well or at all.

System Requirements

MAME is written in fairly generic C/C++, and has been ported to numerous platforms. Over time, as computer hardware has evolved, the MAME code has evolved as well to take advantage of the greater processing power and hardware capabilities offered.

The official MAME binaries are compiled and designed to run on a standard Windows-based system. The minimum requirements are:

Intel Core series CPU or equivalent, at least 2.0 GHz

32-bit OS (Vista SP1 or later on Windows, 10.9 or later on Mac)

4 GB RAM

DirectX 9.0c for Windows

A Direct3D, or OpenGL capable graphics card

Any DirectSound capable sound card/onboard audio

Of course, the minimum requirements are just that: minimal. You may not get optimal performance from such a system, but MAME should run. Modern versions of MAME require more power than older versions, so if you have a less-capable PC, you may find that using an older version of MAME may get you better performance, at the cost of greatly lowered accuracy and fewer supported systems.

It's an hardware issue as I said, each version update of (MAME) requires more power. Hence why mame4droid is stuck before 0.140, the Android hardware hasn't kept up with PC's. The newer the version the more power it requires to run. If someone wants to prove me wrong, show me Deathsmiles running on a retail Android device, not some Frankenstein's monster device with 3 Nvidia shields running in parallel :D

Sting, I'm not uploading a video any which way lol It's not to prove you right or wrong, just help others...I can only test what I own. I am not convinced it is a "hardware issue"....

Rezz provided files to patch the HFSBOX pack I am toying with for Android. CAVE was set to use Mame 2014 not Mame Git, Capcom 3 was also set to use Mame 2014. I've tested Mame Git it won't run the Capcom 3 roms, Mame 2014 must run it or why else would Rezz set the .ini files to use it? So I am under the impression that Mame 2014 is just better optimised than Mame Git for the hardware. The roms are compatible with both of the cores as I tested them on my HTPC.

I've set CAVE to use Mame Git as at least some of the games will load...something is better than nothing for now. Deathsmiles behaves exactly like the Capcom 3 roms do....so maybe....just maybe it would load under Mame 2014. I don't need to see a video as proof, I someone has tested it and knows for a fact it won't load under Mame 2014 on the SHIELD TV....I shall remove the incompatible games from the CAVE wheel.

Hahaha :D Reznnate says quote "I use MAME git core" on the second post of this thread, if I had a CAVE wheel the core I'd have it set to is MAME, because that would play the majority of the ROMs. I've got about 40 systems running through the (MAME) core, that's systems not wheels so I know a little about what it can and can't do. I only come on here to help and in my opinion your wasting your time trying to get the newer CAVE ROMs load and I'll leave you to it :)

I don't know why you are laughing...I can read ;)

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/14158-android-hyperspin-patch-files-for-hfsbox15k-starter-pack/

"The mame2014 core should be faster than the mame core (which is why I suggested it).The retroarch buildbot is broken but I do expect the core will return soon." Rezznate

That thread was started in January...Mame 2014 is still missing. Rezz had hoped it would return soon but it hasn't. As this is a recent thread Rezz would tell someone to use Mame Git as at least some of the games do work with it. The Capcom 1&2 systems work with Mame Git, yet they are set to use Final Burn Alpha....quite possibly as it doesn't have the default nagging warning message, just loads the game directly. Rezz also confirmed that Mame2014 was needed for Capcom 3 and Sega ST-V runs slow on Mame Git. Rezz has done the hard work for me....so I choose to follow his preferences rather than just use Mame Git for all.

I'm not wasting my time if I am helping others. I was a "noob" once and it's nice to give something back :)

MAME2010 core is 0.139 (never got properly ported to Android)

MAME2014 core is MAME 0.157 (is no longer being worked on)

MAME core is 0.170

Goodluck waiting for mame2014 :D

Oh and I also wanted to give something back, that's why I became a PLATINUM member, but what do I know I've only got 272 posts on here and am still a "noob" :D

Archived