Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

*Planned and Possible Feature Requests*

bent98

Here is a list of feature requests taken from various threads in this forum.

Some of the requested features are being worked on , some it may take awhile, and some may not happen at all. I will work with Bill to clarify.

Text in YELLOW is currently being worked on. Text in Green may be worked on after yellow are completed. Text in RED feature still a ways off. BLUE is completed!

1. Wheel Text support when no wheel art is available

2. More Console support (via Hyperlaunch)

• Saturn (Pre and post commands d-tools)

• PCE CD (Pre and post commands d-tools)

• Visual Pinball

• Atari 2600/7800/Jaguar

• AAE

• Colecovision

• Intellevision

3. Native Jukebox

4. Installed Emulator Database XML Generator via HyperHQ

5. Robust Genre Capabilities

6. Control Panel Viewer/Designer (built in)

7. Robust Controller Support

• Mouse

• Trackball

• Spinner

• Analog Controls (U360)

8. More control over wheel image scaling properties

9. Drop down menu for clones

10. Playing sounds when launching game

11. Way of handle themes via auto installer or CRC check

12. Ability for play random intro video when launching HS

13. Skip to a Letter and number support when scrolling through wheel(Wheel would have to be alphabetized)

14. Random mp3 background music support when HS is launched

15. More animation options for Hyper Theme

16. Shut down of OS on HS exit.

17. PC App launching directly from Main Wheel.

18. More precise wheel scroll for joystick selection.

19. More Cool Transition effect when switching themes.

20. Hyper HQ to match features in HyperSpin.

21. Animated controller select icons in HS.

22. More user friendly way of adding main wheel emus(via HQ)

23. Global Volume control via Spinner.

24. Parent theme used for clone when its own not present.

25. Hi Score Theme intergration

26. Parent/clone sub themes

27. Ignore "THE" in game descriptions when sorting wheel images from XML file

28. Pointer have some type of animation

29. Quick jump to a letter(Drop down menu)

30. Multiple emulators lauching from same wheel.

31. Native Betabrite Support

32. Return to Last Game

33. Better memory handling (Adress some theme clearing issues on lower end systems)

34. Favorites

35. Index tag in xml's to allow for jumping to specific parts of the game list

36. Wheel Only setting

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move on the Wheel Text, it would be much easier to find what game you are looking for, especially if you could use dir2xml to import only the games you have to it, and have it show the name of the game, instead of just the file name

Also I am new to HS, but I have been messing around with it while waiting on the final parts for my cab, I did try another feature you plan on releasing before I found this message, about just hitting like P to go to the P section, S to go to the S section, etc. That would be very handy, keep up the great work!

• 4 weeks later...

Native jukebox sounds cool. I have added this ability twice before. It's nice but there are quite a few very good available ones out there already. After working like a slave to get it implemented, I still found launching a "real" jukebox app via some button far superior. Media Jukebox 12 is quite nice with different custom visualizations that are tweakable (such as scrolling lyrics superimposed on the visualization in fullscreen mode). Once I figured this out the hard way, it was an easy decision to choose an external vs native jukebox. If you go ahead with this, I'm really curious to see what the team comes up with.

• 1 month later...

17. PC App launching directly from Main Wheel.

Wondering if this is going to be on the cards soon? Reason I'm asking is it would be nice to launch Silverjuke without going into the "rom" submenu first. I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement, maybe a preference in the INI file to launch the first item in the ROM list, and set the rom extension in the system DB to exe?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if its been suggested. (I'm sure it probably has.) But what about the ability to list all clones inside a parent once its selected from the main wheel. Not necessarily a sub wheel but just a list to move up and down to select the clone version wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple emus in the same wheel is a great idea, so you can create genre related wheels. Do you have to enter extra info in the xml to define the system/emu?

How do you control the dimensions/scaling of wheel images in the settings?

I would also love to see a video delay of 1/2 seconds so you see the background and theme first. A launch delay of games with a short message or image would be great too.

I have to say something about "29. Quick jump to a letter(Drop down menu)"

Dropdown menu would help a lot for people who doesnt have keyboards, but you should consider people who have keyboards also. I would like to enter MAME wheel, press MET on my keyboard and HyperSpin should jump to a first game which has first three letters MET. That would really help a lot.

Would it be possible to add links (A - Z) at the top of the download page to view themes alphabetically? For example, if I want to find a specific game that starts with an "s", I can click on the "S" link at the top and that page will list all themes for that particular system that starts with the letter "s". I find it somewhat time consuming to have to page through to find the page where "s" starts, etc.

If this ever gets implemented, it may be a good idea to merge the HS Team Games Themes with the User Created themes so people don't have to download from 2 different places.

Also, I think it would be cool to have a checkbox next to each theme so you can check it off if it has been downloaded or not. At the rate themes are being produced, it's difficult to remember what themes I have and ones I am missing.

Hope this all makes sense.

Would it be possible to add links (A - Z) at the top of the download page to view themes alphabetically? For example, if I want to find a specific game that starts with an "s", I can click on the "S" link at the top and that page will list all themes for that particular system that starts with the letter "s". I find it somewhat time consuming to have to page through to find the page where "s" starts, etc.

If this ever gets implemented, it may be a good idea to merge the HS Team Games Themes with the User Created themes so people don't have to download from 2 different places.

Also, I think it would be cool to have a checkbox next to each theme so you can check it off if it has been downloaded or not. At the rate themes are being produced, it's difficult to remember what themes I have and ones I am missing.

Hope this all makes sense.

I'm sorry, but this isn't going to happen unless someone around here knows some serious PHP and Vbulletin scripting. I can fumble my way through some PHP, but to do something like this I wouldn't even know where to start. I'll put a request into the creator of the script and see if he'll add them, but I doubt it since we use this module slightly different than most sites.

I have to say something about "29. Quick jump to a letter(Drop down menu)"

Dropdown menu would help a lot for people who doesnt have keyboards, but you should consider people who have keyboards also. I would like to enter MAME wheel, press MET on my keyboard and HyperSpin should jump to a first game which has first three letters MET. That would really help a lot.

HyperSpin is designed to work in a cabinet without a keyboard... I don't see why this would need to be added since the current way works fine.

I'm sorry, but this isn't going to happen unless someone around here knows some serious PHP and Vbulletin scripting. I can fumble my way through some PHP, but to do something like this I wouldn't even know where to start. I'll put a request into the creator of the script and see if he'll add them, but I doubt it since we use this module slightly different than most sites.

No problem. If anything, the A-Z links would be great just for the ease of getting themes but I understand if it cannot be done. One problem I hear from people I suggest HS to is they say it's irritating to navigate through the lists of themes instead of jumping to a letter. I tend to agree so we'll see what happens :) Thanks again.

HyperSpin is designed to work in a cabinet without a keyboard... I don't see why this would need to be added since the current way works fine.

But what if I designed my cabinet with a keyboard (which I plan to do), selecting games with that feature would be 10x faster than scrolling to a game. On the other hand it`s just an idea, you don`t have to do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'd love it if I could organise, say the Mame set by manufacturer (in addition to alphabetically) – so i could easily find all those fantastic Capcom or Konami games. Included in a future release or is it even possible?

Did i mention I love Hyperspin? :)

Archived