Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

*Planned and Possible Feature Requests*

bent98

May have been mentioned, I haven't read the last 8 pages but how about when videos don't exist play a default HS advert type vid instead of the big ugly red !

I am using : Intro_WallLogo_Short.flv from the FTP for this, but have to have a copy for each game without a video. Would be nice for it to "fall back" to this vid or something short and similar when no game vid is found.

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May have been mentioned, I haven't read the last 8 pages but how about when videos don't exist play a default HS advert type vid instead of the big ugly red !

I am using : Intro_WallLogo_Short.flv from the FTP for this, but have to have a copy for each game without a video. Would be nice for it to "fall back" to this vid or something short and similar when no game vid is found.

Thanks

Just change the default .flv. I forget what the default no-video .flv is called, but just name the one you want to use the same as this one and replace the existing one.

Hi everyone,

Just want to confirm if I go for a widescreen monitor how will hs 2.0 deal with the themes that are already there? Will it keep the aspect ratio the same for the graphics but position them correctly in the widescreen or will we need new themes?

• 1 year later...

Originally Posted by ouroboros78

Thanks

Just change the default .flv. I forget what the default no-video .flv is called, but just name the one you want to use the same as this one and replace the existing one.

Its in hyperspin/media/frontend/video/no intro.flv

• 1 month later...
5. Robust Genre Capabilities

Since this is in Yellow, I assume it's still being worked on?

I love the genre system that is in place, but I remember reading that backgrounds will be a thing of the past when Hyperspin 2.0 comes out (maybe I read that.... am I smoking crack?). What's the plan for the future?

Anyway, the only thing I'd love to see changed with the current Genre system is to have one location for all Wheel and Background images, with the option to do a per system set of artwork for genres. I currently use the same set of images for genres for every system and it seems a little silly to keep copying the same files to every system's image\genre folder.

Also, even though they hardly take up much space, every little bit of free space is precious!

Just a suggestion, keep up the amazing work!

• 1 month later...

How about Joystick auto select software you switch to a game and it switchs the controller for you.

They have a plugin that does something like this for another mame frontend called Mala the plugin is called ControlChoose

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=117692.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the fly theme changing while in hyperspin. Since the files are all zipped it would be easy to view them and choose one to use. Also if someone comes out with a new theme we could download it and veiw it if we don't like it just change it back. The names could be followed by a number like rom1,rom2 and the themes would match like theme1, theme 2

Like and open file dialog box would open with the themes for that rom and the alternate ones and a small preview window.

• 2 months later...

hello everyone, I am doing a lot of reading here and elsewhere about what different people have done with this FE.

I have been out of the emu stuff for about 7-8 years and when i came across Hyperspin last week I was amazed!

All the things I ever originally wanted from my emulator collections and more! truly excellent.

very much looking forward to seeing HS2 and the endless possibilities therein.

however...

looking at all the excellent ideas here on the feature suggestion I was getting worried about HS becoming over complicated.

not from a setup point of view, but for end users and options.

In any build which you would want OTHER people to use (i.e my kids and friends)

Its easy to understand the desire for endless customize-able options... but only under the hood!! or at least have them so you can remove the option from FE.

what drew me in to this project was the ability to completely hide the OS and function standalone as an amazing point and shoot coin op with a huge choice, but it should remain this way and options like theme changes, background music, dropdown menus, control changes etc. should all STAY completely inaccessible from the front end.

is this not the aim of HS2? i think i will probably plan a HS1 build. it already looks fantastic! :)

• 2 weeks later...
hello everyone, I am doing a lot of reading here and elsewhere about what different people have done with this FE.

I have been out of the emu stuff for about 7-8 years and when i came across Hyperspin last week I was amazed!

All the things I ever originally wanted from my emulator collections and more! truly excellent.

very much looking forward to seeing HS2 and the endless possibilities therein.

however...

looking at all the excellent ideas here on the feature suggestion I was getting worried about HS becoming over complicated.

not from a setup point of view, but for end users and options.

In any build which you would want OTHER people to use (i.e my kids and friends)

Its easy to understand the desire for endless customize-able options... but only under the hood!! or at least have them so you can remove the option from FE.

what drew me in to this project was the ability to completely hide the OS and function standalone as an amazing point and shoot coin op with a huge choice, but it should remain this way and options like theme changes, background music, dropdown menus, control changes etc. should all STAY completely inaccessible from the front end.

is this not the aim of HS2? i think i will probably plan a HS1 build. it already looks fantastic! :)

I agree... I love the fact that Hyperspin can look like it does and still be easy for someone to come along and choose and play a game without needing to learn how to. While building my cabinet, I kept thinking that I needed things to be as simple as possible which was why I couldn't wait for the ability to add games from various emulators on one wheel. The end user shouldn't need to know what emulator you are using for the game they want to play... they should be able to just choose their favourite game.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the HS-FE as it is the most beautiful FE I know (but I dont know much)...

What I see tough is that all the new are for the optics and the wheel almost.

It seems that the, by far not so attractive, Mala peferms much more Plugins (I may be wrong so correct me)

As I build an high end cabinet with 4/8-Sticks, rotateable controlpanel (with spinners, multiple steering wheels, flightsticks and so on), rotating CRT and active marquee (alreday got my LG public display) I am more interested in plugins for

dynamic LCD marquee

electro-automatic screen rotation and degaussing (

)

electro-automatic control panel rotation-support for positionsensors, servomotors and photocell (interupt panel rotating if the player stays close to the cab)

electro-automatic 2/4/8-way joystick-switching (like Mala features it)

electro-automatic screen up-tilt for example for lightgun shooters

Here is the control panel I am just about to copy, I will work as long as it will change its position automatically to the panel fitting the choosen game:

• 5 months later...

Bent,

Can we change the yellow text on the first post to be something readable against the forum default background? I have to highlight it just to see what it says. Maybe orange or purple? dunno.

Edit: I just realized the sticky hasn't been posted in for almost 6 months. I was wondering why there were 2 threads going up at the top. Ignore me here

• 10 months later...

For the sake of reducing the number of active commands during the game, it would be interesting to migrate the resource Instruction Cards to be activated by HyperPause? For it has many commands. If it were possible to select them by HP would be great! I think it would be much more friendly. Opinion also extends to Multigames and Bezels.

Archived