Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Virtual Pinball Power Supply for Plasma DMD

Hello nickeltitanium

i have some questions regarding this topic.

can you power up a real plasma with this setup? (like cherry or so)

and where did you ordered the board cause through the site on the board i cannot find a order button :P.

From which dell machine did you used the power supply of? and most of all what did you changed on the power supply.

Gr roy

slaapzak,

You can find this board at DMD piggy at Pinballlife. Yes, it will power any pinball plasma dmd.

Dell power supply model: NPS-250KB

Just like what russdx said, everything was changed except for the fan. Transformer is a custom one that outputs 80v/100v.

BTW, russdx is the inventor of the pindmd. He knows quite a bit about dmds. Regardless of the type of dmd, you still need the pindmd.

Good luck.

Yeah, the price on a DMD at PinballLife is virtually the same. I was trying to order a number of different parts and save a few dollars on shipping rather than buy the same things piecemeal from different vendors. I pulled the trigger on that DMD Piggy. Now they are out of stock again.

I notice that PinballLife has a red LED DMD at a really good price. Cheaper solution than plasma + power board + transformer. But then it's not plasma. :D

Yeah, the price on a DMD at PinballLife is virtually the same. I was trying to order a number of different parts and save a few dollars on shipping rather than buy the same things piecemeal from different vendors. I pulled the trigger on that DMD Piggy. Now they are out of stock again.

I notice that PinballLife has a red LED DMD at a really good price. Cheaper solution than plasma + power board + transformer. But then it's not plasma. :D

Does anyone know if the stern dmds that are for sale on pinball life are segmented or one piece? Also do they run on 5 volts? The description is a little confussing. Also russ will your pindmd work with these? If they are not segmented and the pindmd works these are a great price for what they are.

you order them from RoccoC over on the "other" forum (not sure if im allowed to link to it or not) but I also believe he is a member here.

You can link to VPF from here. It's just Noah (aka Paul) who is throwing a tantrum.

You can link to VPF from here. It's just Noah (aka Paul) who is throwing a tantrum.

Ugh, that childish stuff is such a turn off, I wish people could just be adults about this hobby. I've had nothing but good business interactions with Paul, no personal issues here, but that whole thing is just a joke.

Archived