The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

led sign for cabinet

bluc

Hey all newbie to the forum and looking for some info. Looking at building a cabinet, like the look of the signs people use the ones that are like the ones used for stock market tickers. Wondering which brand to get and are easiest to use with hyperspin, and were to buy them. Also what the right term is for these signs when searching Google. Having trouble finding what am looking for, in the correct size. Also wondering what people are using for lighting was thinking about rgb led strip but no idea how to intergrate with hyperspin in regards to colour change on off etc. Help appreciated look forward to replies cheers.

you need something called Beta-brite (model prism) shown on the video on the homepage of this site,

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/content.php

Be prepared to pay 200-300 bucks for it (needs to have usb input and soft ware control)

Ya I prefer that $80 lcd up there and running hyperspinhelper and letting it display the marquee

Bugger was hoping to control a cheaper sign bit to much money for what I want to do. Maybe down the road

Sandman what do you mean by " I prefer the $80 lcd up there" ? Do you have an lcd screen doing the same thing?

EDIT this thread looks interesting but am guessing it did not eventuate into anything since its 3 years old http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?6097-Arcade-machine-with-led-marquee-and-lcd-instruction-screen

Here's the program I use.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?23662-or8ital-s-HyperSpin-Helper-Software-2nd-3rd-Display-Controller

The video in the first post is my marquee screen.. (I did not make this software so if you use it make sure you give orbital props)

The only problem is you have to be a paid member to get access to FTP to download it..

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay in replying. The software you use looks great and I plan to become a painting member so access to it not a problem. Been trying to work out how to get a wider screen for the marquee. I have seen the ultrawide monitors but at 29inchsmthey are to big (and expensive) to use. I found these http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1092977561/HSD110PHW1_tft_lcd_11_1inch_with.html and am wondering if I buy two have them side by side then use the AMD video card to tie the two together into one monitor (eyefinity) would the software recognise the two screens in eyefinity mode? May be a cheap way to get a more "authentic" wide but narrow marquee anyone with access to the software and multiple monitors able to confirm or deny if it works? Then I am guessing all the metadata would be the wrong aspect ratio for the screen, or failing that can I use multiple extra monitors?

Edit in hindsight I think a single one of those screens in centre of marquee with backlight artwork either side my look just as good.

Hi,

@ bluc

I know only the way to make one Display of combine more LCD's with a MSTHub and a VGA with Display Ports.

http://club-3d.com/index.php/produkte/leser.de/product/mst-hub-1-3.html

Its isnt cheap.

Iam thinking every day what i should take for the Marquee.

Streched Bar LCD 32" 1/3 for around 350$ @ Alibaba (without Shipping and dutyfee) or i build an DMD Led Display of 4 RGB Panels total 32" for around 170 $ from a chinese ,too ^^

If it works with an Eyefinity let me know it.

I personally find that if the LCD or DMD not fit in the Marquee then its look bad.

Greetings uNkeLo

Hi,

@ bluc

I know only the way to make one Display of combine more LCD's with a MSTHub and a VGA with Display Ports.

http://club-3d.com/index.php/produkte/leser.de/product/mst-hub-1-3.html

Its isnt cheap.

Iam thinking every day what i should take for the Marquee.

Streched Bar LCD 32" 1/3 for around 350$ @ Alibaba (without Shipping and dutyfee) or i build an DMD Led Display of 4 RGB Panels total 32" for around 170 $ from a chinese ,too ^^

If it works with an Eyefinity let me know it.

I personally find that if the LCD or DMD not fit in the Marquee then its look bad.

Greetings uNkeLo

The stretched bar lcd is more like what I wanted and with one of them I would not need to use eyefinity. The 18.5 inch screen they sell would fit my cab almost perfect :) Only issue is artwork and weather it would suit this aspect ratio. DIY dot matrix sound like fun do but I think I read were betabrite is not going to be supported in hyperspin 2.0 so guessing dot matrix sign is pointless. Just gotta decide if I want a single small 16:9 screen or the bar style one. Thanks again the correct wording on searching is half the battle.

. DIY dot matrix sound like fun do but I think I read were betabrite is not going to be supported in hyperspin 2.0 so guessing dot matrix sign is pointless.

Hi,

You dont need really skills at these DIY KIts. With right panels you can combine up to 128 and reach a 4k resolution in over 20m² Videowall.^^

With the Hyperhelper software it depends only from the controller which must have a DVI output then it should work. These cards cost from china around 150-200 Dollar depends on output resolution for the LED Displays.

But the smallest price were then 32" wide height 10cm, 100$ for the LEDS (16x128) + the overpowered Controller around 200~ $ + a Powersupply around 20~30$,+ Shipping+ Dutyfee total it starts at 350$

But you can build vertically and horizontally to reach for example your Marquee size.

If the controller not were so expensive than , i wouldnt so long think about it. ^^

The 350$ LCD i can get only if i order 5 pieces... to expensive

I saw somewhere a frameless 10.1" tft 21:9 ca. 10cm height for around 60-80$ two could be a solution,too for you

Greetings uNkeLo

The wide screen and I think the led kit will work out to expensive for my likeing. Did he give you a price for a single widescreen monitor also would you have a link to the led kit? Interested to check it out. With the led dot matrix I read that you need a specific protocol for comminicating with the sign, and most people seem to recommend betabrite brand sign. The signs you linked to do they have the correct protocol for hyperspin. I think even a small lcd will add extra wow to the cab. Will go see if I can find the info about the protocol.

EDIT The protocol it need is "alpha" according to this post http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?6097-Arcade-machine-with-led-marquee-and-lcd-instruction-screen&p=56583&viewfull=1#post56583

Thats right Hyperbrite works only with Brite prism or classic .

I meant the DMD with a Controller and a dvi output works like a 2nd lcd but with crappy resolution.

Normally you have memorey on the controller to load gifs,avi,mpegs on it pr make with the led software rotating texts etc. I meant a rgb led you can see videos on it.But the one colored DMD panels are cheaper they have mostly some brightness steps so that its like grayscaled.

Its a chinese business 2 business contact i have not really a link sry.

If you order enough you can make a led panel price of 10 $ 16x32 Leds.

In 1or 2 month i have the budget for that and i will decide me .

Greetings uNkeLo

• 2 weeks later...

Archived