The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Mouse buttons Yes or No?

jeanvion

Hi guys,

Today i'm creating my console panel and I still have some decisions to make. I'm using a mini-pac and I'm afraid of having not enough connections to create my panel since it only allows 32 wires:

2 joysticks = 4 x 2 = 8 connections

7 buttons = 7 x 2 = 14 connections

2 flipper buttons = 2 connections

Player 1/2 start = 2 connections

Coin 1/2 = 2 connections

So thats allready 28 connections taken, if I want to include 3 mousebuttons (left/middle/right) for my trackball then I will only have 1 buttons left for pause/escape/config/restart/power... :withstupid: I was wondering can i disclude the mousebuttons and just configure player 1 buttons 4/5/6 for example as

mouse left/center/right? Will this configuration be playable in all emulators and still allow me to control windows without having to use the shift button? I really don't want to hold the shift button each time to control the mouse.

Any advice on this matter would be great since I'm building the control panel today!

Hi guys,

Today i'm creating my console panel and I still have some decisions to make. I'm using a mini-pac and I'm afraid of having not enough connections to create my panel since it only allows 32 wires:

2 joysticks = 4 x 2 = 8 connections

7 buttons = 7 x 2 = 14 connections

2 flipper buttons = 2 connections

Player 1/2 start = 2 connections

Coin 1/2 = 2 connections

So thats allready 28 connections taken, if I want to include 3 mousebuttons (left/middle/right) for my trackball then I will only have 1 buttons left for pause/escape/config/restart/power... :withstupid: I was wondering can i disclude the mousebuttons and just configure player 1 buttons 4/5/6 for example as

mouse left/center/right? Will this configuration be playable in all emulators and still allow me to control windows without having to use the shift button? I really don't want to hold the shift button each time to control the mouse.

Any advice on this matter would be great since I'm building the control panel today!

don't trackballs include the mouse buttons on them? I have an xarcade tankstick and the mouse button wires come from the trackball. not sure if its the same on others..

I have the Utrac trackball baddeolv! Does this mean you can attach buttons through the trackball connectors? So you don't have to use any of the 32 connections from the 40 pin harness?

Button combo's is also something i would preferebly avoid Gigapig!

I have the Utrac trackball baddeolv! Does this mean you can attach buttons through the trackball connectors? So you don't have to use any of the 32 connections from the 40 pin harness?

correct, just have to read the directions and run a new ground wire

No problem, made my console board yesterday... almost complete! I think I mentioned almost almost 1000 times to get it perfect. I still need to root out the recess for my mag-stik plus joysticks because with the mounting plate beneath it's really really short :-/ I hope I can fix this with the rooter! Then I'm gonne have a look at that left/right mouse support of the Utrac trackball baddeolv mentioned.

Archived