Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Cab questions

Firebat138

Hi all... couple questions...

I love the look of the p2k... so thats what I am going with...

Should I do a 46" playfield... will i be unhappy if i only go 40... It doesnt matter to me about what they ARE SUPPOSED to look like. lol

I see I dont need a 2nd video card if I go with dmd... Good idea?

I plan to do some research and might just pay someone to do a sidewinder mod for me... I hear the nanotech blows...

Thanx for all ur help... more to come

Hi all... couple questions...

I love the look of the p2k... so thats what I am going with...

Should I do a 46" playfield... will i be unhappy if i only go 40... It doesnt matter to me about what they ARE SUPPOSED to look like. lol

I see I dont need a 2nd video card if I go with dmd... Good idea?

I plan to do some research and might just pay someone to do a sidewinder mod for me... I hear the nanotech blows...

Thanx for all ur help... more to come

A 46" p2k would be interesting. A real Dmd could be used, but given you won't be directly looking at it, I would have to say from experience is a waste, for the Dmd you don't need much grunt, even the on board video card if you can enable it on your motherboard will work fine.

The one nice thing about the std width is you can use real p2k glass if you wished. Also the 39' or 40" options allows the dmd reflection to be just past the playfield, where as on a 46" it would be over the top of it, not a huge issue but personally I like it just past the playfield so you can keep the playfield clear.

Any questions on p2k vp's feel free to ask.

WWW.xtremepinball.com

Ha! I'm only half serious when I say that DMD is a waste no matter where it's located. Outside of ball launch, bonus count, announcement of multiball, and video mode, I don't really look at the display. I'm too busy looking at the playfield.

If you want to look at the display during play, shrink the VPinMAME window down and move it to the apron.

More seriously, I would not limit your options by using a 128x32 pinball display as a third screen in a p2k style cabinet. If there is ever a reproduction for RFM or SW1 it would be very good to have full color. Another advantage especially for a wide screen playfield is that the head must be bigger to match. Then the third screen display can be large producing a much larger and more impressive display image reflecting onto the playfield. Much larger than a standard display. And in any color. Can use a different color for every game if you wanted to.

Archived