The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Amiga CDTV

Guest MadCoder

Guest MadCoder

So, I have a pretty large rom set of Amiga CD32 (which Hypersync matched perfectly), but the rom set I have for CDTV doesn't look like it has a DB that Hypersync can download or update.

Is there an offical (or unoffical) database for this system? It's basically a A1200 so I would assume someone has put one together.

The best thing to do here is to use the TOSEC list as a base.

As a rule all rom based games are named like the "no-intro org" lists and all optical games like the TOSEC lists (although the rules will be bent a little sometimes)

You can dowload the full dat-pack form the TOSEC site http://www.tosecdev.org/index.php/downloads and look for the CDTV-dat list in there.

With Don's Tools http://honerbrink.com/?page_id=14 (or Hypertools as they're called now) you can convert a dat to a XML hyperspin list.

If in the future a official Cdre CDTV list will be published, you won't be far off.

We have a full CDTV XML done for the HS Project since quite a while, it will be made available eventually.

Don't know where you got the idea that optical systems are named after TOSEC Faahrev, not at all. All systems use a simplified No-Intro naming schema, unless the ones that require specific naming such as MAME and most arcade systems of course.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
We have a full CDTV XML done for the HS Project since quite a while, it will be made available eventually.

Don't know where you got the idea that optical systems are named after TOSEC Faahrev, not at all. All systems use a simplified No-Intro naming schema, unless the ones that require specific naming such as MAME and most arcade systems of course.

Is this available anywhere? Thanks.

-craig

Archived