Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

X-Arcade Dual Setup Guide For HyperLaunch etc.

hengey

Great write up. Question I have is will this work with the newest version, 0.154 of mame and hyperspin? I have been having problems for a good week with this x-arcade tank stick. Please read my post to the controllers site and comment if you can help!!!! I am at wits end with this thing and was thinking of trying to build my own. Thanks.

New here so please be patient. I have installed the new hyperspin, applied all roms, themes, etc. It works great with keyboard but I am having problems with the x-arcade tank stick. It has the default setting but that doesnt seem to be working as it should. Anyhow what I would like is to set up my controls to work without using the keyboard at all. Is there a configuration of settings for the mapping of the x-arcade that works such as this? Is there something else that I need to purchase to get what I want? I know all games will not work with any one set of settings but I just want the best that I can get for what I have. Also when I go into a game such as spiderman, I change the general settings to move the player arounfd, 1 and 2 but it never seems to take. I thought that once this was done it was for all game inputs. Am I wrong here? Can someone give me some input on what I need to do here to make this x-arcade tank stick work well with the mame emulator that I have? I have read tons of website links but just cannot get the right combination to work right. A tutorial would be awsome as I am not the brightest at setting this up and I dont feel that it should be this difficult. I have tried setting as the manual suggests but somehow this is not working correctly. PLEASE GUIDE ME ON THIS!!!!

http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/12/Advanced+MAME%E2%84%A2+Configuration+%26+Config+File+Download

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been through the xgaming site and have followed everything several times. I have only had the problems since loading up the new systems. 0.154 and HS. The test utility works fine. I just cant find a combination to play a game such as Donkey Kong and then Spiderman using the Default settings. Somewhere something is just not clicking. I use to be able to play with the mame.ini files but cannot seem to find this in the new mame.

I have been through the xgaming site and have followed everything several times. I have only had the problems since loading up the new systems. 0.154 and HS. The test utility works fine. I just cant find a combination to play a game such as Donkey Kong and then Spiderman using the Default settings. Somewhere something is just not clicking. I use to be able to play with the mame.ini files but cannot seem to find this in the new mame.

So you are saying your problems exist because the new mame is missing the mame.ini file that the old ones had.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38917.0

http://mamedev.org/source/docs/config.txt.html

No not at all. I just dont have the ability to change within the controller as I use to. I am not as knowledgeable with the new setup as of the old one. Just another learning curve I guess. The xarcade config file may need configured to my needs? I just dont know. I am told that the xarcade will work from the default setting with most games of mame. It just doesnt seem to work that way for me with the games that are pretty common old games.

open command prompt

type

cd (insert path to folder containing mame executable here)

(insert name of mame executable) -createconfig

So the command would look like:

c:\hyperspin\emulators\mame>mame64-createconfig

this does not open up anything in cmd.

I tried various commands and did get the command line to read c:hyperspin\emulators\MAME> butcould not go past that point to open or make anything with the cmd prompt

• 2 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I ran into some trouble after following these instructions. Even though I ensured the settings were precisely as detailed (I think), the remapped keys work perfectly when testing them by clicking the lightning bolt, but when the game is launched, the keys do not work in the emu/system. I can remap keys in the emu outside of HS and this works, but after trying several systems using the instructions above, they do not seem to take effect using HL. I am using the latest hyperspin and HL and my x-arcade tankstick. Any suggestion would be great.

-D

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I ran into some trouble after following these instructions. Even though I ensured the settings were precisely as detailed (I think), the remapped keys work perfectly when testing them by clicking the lightning bolt, but when the game is launched, the keys do not work in the emu/system. I can remap keys in the emu outside of HS and this works, but after trying several systems using the instructions above, they do not seem to take effect using HL. I am using the latest hyperspin and HL and my x-arcade tankstick. Any suggestion would be great.

-D

From my guide? Make sure AHK is set to internal

In HyperLaunchHQ, select your system you want to remap on the left.

Go to Settings and make sure "Ahk Method" is set to "Internal". This enables the whole thing.

From my guide? Make sure AHK is set to internal

Yes, sadly. That was how I had it set. I'm a bit at a loss on this. It may be related to the x-arcade tankstick. When I gave up and reverted all settings to defaults, and just tried to set the tankstick up to control HS form the keyboard settings in HSHQ, the tankstick buttons still did not work. My keyboard did as P2, but the C & 5 keys on the tankstick did not work for me inside HS. I can use notepad and check the buttons and they work fine outside of HS.

Weird.

EDIT: I'm a sleep deprived idiot. The C & 5 keys we used twice in HSHQ. Easy fix, so that works at least.

• 1 month later...

Hi I just got a x-arcade dual tank stick I have it hooked up correctly but I cant get the left joystick to be seen as the number pad keys when I run the test utility. My number lock is enabled when my system starts but it is still seen as arrow keys. is there anyway to fix this. Also im running windows 7 ultimate.

Thanks

Does your regular numeric keypad mirror your X-Arcade left joystick as far as what is outputs when you hit the 2, 4, 6, and 8 keys? Do you get up, down, left, and right? If so, does hitting numlock once allow your regular numeric keypad to output numbers?

Wow, that is so weird. If you can't numbers from the regular keypad no matter what, you aren't going to get them from the X-Arcade.

I wonder if you have some type of bios setting forcing the key pad to be in 'arrow mode', or something. Have you went into your bios and looked around?

Archived