Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Anyone use Ultimarc LED for thier track ball? OVERHEATING?

trailervert

Hi Guys, I finally got around to installing my track ball leds. I am using Ultimarc's "U-Trak RGB LED Illumination Kit".

I have it controlled with a Pac64Led. It works fine but the board gets SUPER hot in just a matter of minutes. It got hot enough that you could feel it through the ball, which is how I noticed it and then unhooked it. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

The power and ground are both coming from the Pac64 board.

I was wondering about that. I thought the PACLed was USB powered and therefore 5V unfortunately my cab is still in planning phase so all I my info is just theory.

How did you find you had 12V going into your trackball and where was it getting that current from?

I was wondering about that. I thought the PACLed was USB powered and therefore 5V unfortunately my cab is still in planning phase so all I my info is just theory.

How did you find you had 12V going into your trackball and where was it getting that current from?

He is connecting to the 12v (yellow) power line.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

" Connecting Power and USB

The PacLED64 is supplied with a power cable which plugs onto a spare PC power supply hard drive power connector.

When shipped, the + (positive) wire is not inserted into the connector housing. There is a choice of 5 volt or 12 volt power available on HDD power connectors.

Select as follows:

If you are using mainly LEDs with in-built resistors:

Select the location which mates with the YELLOW wire on the PC connector. This is 12 volts.

Examples of this type of LED are:

* Ultimarc Ultralux pushbutton LEDs

* Ultimarc U-Trak trackball illumination kit

* All 5 volt or 9 volt LED lamps

If you are using mainly LEDs without resistors (standard LEDs):

Select the location which mates with the RED wire (5 Volts).

Using 5 volts reduces power wastage and keeps the temperature of the driver ICs on the board to acceptable levels.

Also, connect the USB cable to a USB port on the PC."

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Archived